Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Fasthosts PHP 'End of Life' Scam

JMI

Reaction score
Might be helpful for anyone using FH..cheeky one this.., I've noticed Fasthosts charging me for legacy PHP versions on sites so I essentially pay a fine for a site at PHP 5.2, 5.4, 5.6 or 7.0! But its gets worse I even pay a penalty if the site is on a windows server and not even using PHP where I haven't needed upgraded!

it's just a reseller account used for hosting some tinpot WP sites the cost is about £25pm, then add on 4 X £6.24 per legacy PHP support etc now = £50pm - a bit naughty really... ohh and top of that some of the hosting accounts are totally dead - not in use since 2009 - they don't even have a domain associated with them but still getting charged.

I use Krystal, EZPZ Hosting, or if you are competent with server stuff have a look at Digital Ocean, or if you are looking for better infrastructure for your sites and have the experience check out the services Amazon AWS offer.

Go to Krystal, you won't regret it.

I am my own host and provide hosting, I can host you if you tell me your requirements. Otherwise, I would wholeheartedly agree with the recommendations for Krystal. They are superior to every host I've ever used and they are independent from all the naughty boys.

Yes, I use Krystal. I find them really good for my needs, and responsive.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom