Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Few questions about UK Ltd companies (From a non resident)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently acquired an Ltd company with the main goal to become the new owner of the apartment registered under it.

My local tax consultant asked for a certificate released by companieshouse showing the following data:
1. My name as company director;
2. Shareholder details (it's owned at 100% by my Portuguese company);
3. The local office address

It seems I may get a Certificate of good standing showing local address and director name but what other certificate I need to show shareholder details ?
Such certificates don't need to get certified/apostilled. Is there a way to generate/download them for free or by paying a small fee ?

I also need to know the following if possible:

A. How may I change the company auth code ? The one my consultant used to transfer it to me.
B. How may I know the date of the registration fee renewal ? Is there an easy way to renew it ?

I'll hire a local tax accountant of course but the company will be dormient so I'm just starting to learn something by myself to save time and money.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

You can download the Certificate of Incorporation which may show you shareholder details, not sure, can't remember. Failing that, your first year accounts may be able to do that (even if they're dormant) or a Confirmation Statement. You can also just check the register. These are public documents, you can download the PDF from Companies House website, just search for your company.

You need to ring HMRC to change your auth code or you can do it online. You will likely need your old one.

What does this mean?:

B. How may I know the date of the registration fee renewal ? Is there an easy way to renew it ?

If you are talking about your company renewal date, you need to file a Confirmation Statement every year and it's costs about £13, which reminds me, mine is due.

Thanks Ben, you helped a lot.
You got my last question too regarding my company renewal date.

I'll now work on the whole thing.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom