Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

File Server script with permisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
does anyone know of a script or anything that can do this;

* file lists, with an option to view or download files (mostly pdf)

*folders need custom image

* rights and permissions for folders/users

* searchable

* easy upload

and prefer something that can work on IIS

theres lots of scripts to choose from within the IIS Web Platform Installer.

Hi, thank you for the quick reply :)

hacker script?
ooo, this isnt for hacking :)

its for an insurance office to make life easy to find relevant documents using images/logos that drill down to the .pdf

i can probably do it in wordpress as i know wordpress, but how would i restrict people or give folder permissions for different users.

i have IIS running and i can see theres lots of CMS/Blog/Scripts to choose to install from the Web Platform Installer, so anything for IIS would be a great help.

i could simply run a php dir script to pick the file list up,
and code some img shortcuts to the folder links - which is a simple way to describe what i need, but i also need user access - so i can choose which folders and files they see depending on the user.

To clarify, you want to use a PHP script? What database type do you have access to?

i can use php, and i can use MySQL.

(unfortunately) this is all running on windows server 2013 + IIS

Ive seen the web platform installer for IIS and it includes alot of the well known scripts / blogs / wordpress ... lots to choose from.

i figured wordpress could do it, and give different users different access to different pages..

.. but maybe theres something out there that will do a better and simpler job thats easy to install using the web platform installer ;)

Is this a web application or something running on a local network. If its a web application the Laravel php framework could be used to build such a site not sure if it would run under IIS but worth a look . It has basic authentication as standard and there a couple of great extensions that can add full user control

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom