Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Found Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on Mango.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, a perfectly correct decision.

When will companies understand that passing off and registration abuse has to include more than just "your name is the same as ours."

Well contested!

The findings are very much worth reading I'd suggest. I've read them once and will do so again.

Hope it didn't end up costing you lots in legal fees?

I read that DRS the other day and loved it when he said they were hijackers. I bet it was uncomfortable reading that to the board lol

I think he prepared very well for the response by going on the offensive. Also well spotted re: the slight doctoring of the emails? headers? Poor DRS attempt but they didn't really have a case with such a generic.

A great win with wise words for future DRS cases. Thank you for defending it so vigorously - all generic domain owners potentially benefit from the decision's wording.

Thanks all. The appeal cut-off date is the 19th May.

Congrats Garth,

What is the actual significance of the RDNH? Obviously it great to have achieved it, would be nice if that meant you recovered your costs, but I suspect that wasn't the case.

Is there any penalty for the complainant? I'm assuming that it could be referred to in any other DRS they may bring.

Dave

What is the actual significance of the RDNH? Obviously it great to have achieved it, would be nice if that meant you recovered your costs, but I suspect that wasn't the case.

Is there any penalty for the complainant? I'm assuming that it could be referred to in any other DRS they may bring.

Shaming, nothing more. Costs can't be awarded in a DRS/UDRP (at present).

A good precedent (positive wording) that others will no doubt quote over the coming years.

Isn't this the same guy who has been involved in a few other cases?

This:

The Complainant has exhibited a screenshot from the website at “domaintools.com” which shows that the Respondent is associated with approximately 18,000 other domain names, though these are not detailed or listed.

So you can use a domaintools.com screenshot as a piece of evidence? Wow

So you can use a domaintools.com screenshot as a piece of evidence? Wow

i would suggest that it probably wasn't just the screenshot; rather an authenticated and verified presentation of what was the case. it would be either that or spend time with a PC going through each and every domain.

both sides no doubt agreed to that being accepted as the case in the interests of just moving along with it all.

Well done Garth, as Edwin says, this helps to stabilise the ground that all generic holders stand on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom