Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Free hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any good free hosting? I've got a small site running to compliment a FB page I run, it's just a hobby and I don't want to spend any money on it at the moment as I'm skint.

I was pretty chuffed to stumble on 000webhost, but after 3 days my site has been down for around 60% of the time and tickets just lead to them trying to sell me paid hosting. Is there such a thing as reliable free hosting? I don't expect much bandwidth or features but if the sites down most of the time I may as well not bother at all...

I've used http://www.50webs.com/free-web-hosting.html for years and still do for some small sites, the free hosting is basic, so you'll be fine with an html site for example, but you don't get things like SQL and database stuff on the free plan, which is fine for me as I don't use things like that.

Nice one mate, ye that sounds fine it's only a few html and css files. I'll check it out

Why don't you just do it on something like blogger?.

I could but I prefer building it myself and knowing exactly what everything is and how it's working. Same reason I work on my own cars and do my own trade work I spose. Once an engineer, always an engineer

I could but I prefer building it myself and knowing exactly what everything is and how it's working. Same reason I work on my own cars and do my own trade work I spose. Once an engineer, always an engineer

You should just go to tsohost and set up something on wordpress or your own little html creation.

You can get hosting there for something like £3 a month, nothing to break the bank and you will be totally in control.

Thanks, glad you found them useful, good little outfit 50webs, just had a check as I hardly ever log in there, and I still have 3 html sites on their free plan, including my oldest continuous site.

A word of warning to all; free hosting is not a long-term viable product in a standalone environment. Free hosting doesn't come with support for the most part but there are still significant costs associated with running a web server. At any point in time, that particular hosting "company" may decide it is no longer worth it and just shut up shop so take backups regularly of all of your data.

You should just go to tsohost and set up something on wordpress or your own little html creation.

You can get hosting there for something like £3 a month, nothing to break the bank and you will be totally in control.

+1. I use TSOhost for a cheap option and pay around £3 a month and i have managed to knock out a simple Wordpress website. I'm pretty certain you are not tied into any commitment either and can cancel the £3 a month at any time.

Like some others have said, TSO Host are a very good outfit. Also well worth a try are Unlimited Web Hosting, UK servers, under £3 a month and very helpful

I appreciate what you're saying about TSOhost, they sound good and cheap, but £3 isn't free. It's really nothing serious, I doubt the site will get many visits a month, it's just to have a presence to link my youtube and social sites together. If I get serious with it and pay I'll go back to using Evo. But to be honest 50webs seems very good, especially for free...

I don't use any CMS so backing up isn't an issue, all the code's on my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom