Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Freelance Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I posted a project on scriptlance, perhaps I'm being impatient, but I've not had even a single bid yet. Is it a worthwhile site for listing or is there better? Elance? is that any good? What do you use? it's my first post so perhaps some are sceptical and not bidding?

It could be fate, there was a mention of guru.co.uk the other day, I'll give it a go if scriptlance fails to respond.

Cheers
Lee

The second project got a better response, here's to a new beginning, hopefully the same person will be able to do the first.

some one give me some idea of project costs - if i went to a freelancer how much would a ASP page(s) to incorperate an affilate XML feed cost?

i just want the basic search etc facilities with no layout / graphics (all the technical bit round the back)

thanks

When you go freelance, just post up the job and you'll get offers, you don't have to accept any. You'll be surprised how cheap the freelancers are in pakistan.

which one of the above sites is going to be the best?
do they take paypal :D

I'd like to see the quality of the articles but for $5 if they are unique the quality would'nt really matter!!

Are you getting some Charlie?

They will not be writing them by hand, but will be using software to summarise existing information etc.

And i can't see the articles being sold uniquely to just you. If they sell it multiple times, google won't like you (they penalise for duplicate content)

Jee

nah still writing my own and seems to be working

looking for someone to make use of an affiliate XML feed - something i have no idea about :D

$5? Ouch...makes you wonder what the quality of it will be like though....

clem said:
i wouldn't pay you - you've copied this post from the guy before ;)

The cheap bids are usually from people in poorer countries, such as India. Some will do a good job but then vanish half way through the next one. I tend to aim for more local markets now rather than sites such as scriptlance as the contractors are more reliable and I can travel all over the UK.
Another good one to try is Rent-a-Coder it works like an Escrow service so you only pay them when the work is complete (or phases if it is phase based). Good support / mediation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom