Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Freelance WebDev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All.

I've been a bit quiet on the domain front lately. Focussing on other things primarily on the web development business. Portfolio now ~40% what it was 18months ago and decreasing. Targetting 25% with many developed.

Just re-launched my business website: on.tinternet.co.uk

Your thoughts appreciated: WordPress built on bootstrap & using my own RAD framework for post-types & meta data.

Available for jobs large & small. Done work for a few people on AD in the past. WordPress Guru. PHP/MySQL/jQuery.

Regards

Stephen

I like the design, but what always concerns me when seeing this kind of design for a web developer is whether they built it themselves, or just bought it from themeforest. No offence intended.

Like the clean look, but would be inclined to recommend your menu buttons are visible otherwise you may lose visitors in the first couple of seconds.

Also, may just be how my browser works with your website, but I find the scroll to be a little too fast. Certainly better than many where you are scrolling forever on a 'one-page' design, but yours is a little extreme on the other end for me.

Theme is based on a commercial bootstrap theme from wrapbootstrap. Converted it to a modular Wordpress theme and heavily customised it. One of a kind. A few of the posts document the process. Lots of custom php code. Not a simple conversion because of the non-standard navigation. Only using about 5% of the conversion so far. Using it as a testbed for a new concept in modular WP theme development.

Hamburger menu is pretty ubiquitous now and mobile responsiveness gives a similar look and feel. Saying that my next project has standard navigation. Wouldn't use this style on a busy / commerce site, but fine imo for a portfolio one. Lots now have the canvas style navigation.

Not sure about the scroll. Mobile or the side navigation? Doesn't use any particular touch js.

S

Not sure about the scroll. Mobile or the side navigation? Doesn't use any particular touch js.

Meant on PC, using Firefox browser. For some reason, unlike many other one-page designs, this one scrolls too fast compared. Isn't anything I've changed, my mouse scroll is set to an effective 5 lines for all programs, but is fast on yours. As said though, might just be my PC unless someone else confirms the same.

if you are going to have scrollable pages then atleast add some pages as at present the home page is nothing more than a coffee cup and a line of 'sales blurb' so i'd either add more pages (forgot the in vogue name for this sort of design??) or reduce to a single homepage

Have to agree though with the menu comment, the hamburger may be well known but this is within the design industry outside that i doubt it, your website is about engaging with customer primarily not the latest funky widgets and like ian-d mentioned also

HTH but as usual always happy to review again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom