Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Giant Games Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone heard of these guys? Any history dealing with them? What d'ya think?

They have a few names I want.

Think they are the company that owns shed loads of 3 letter domains.

I believe they own most NNN.co.uks, more than half LLL.co.uks and a load of generics! I've also heard the majority were hand registered. Right time right place! They sell domains, but not at reseller prices. Their home page is giraffe.co.uk.

most was hand regged on paper at £65+ each, I haven't been able to locate and exact price for domains in 1996 (or indeed if they was chargable. 65 is just the number I read somewhere).

They don't sell ANYTHING for less than £X,XXX prices, even that name where the guys was using a crayon and got the letters wrong.

They are also one of whats call the golden 5 (altho I only know 4 of the 5), which are the 5 people with huge portfolios with crazy value.

I am sure they do, they have plenty of desirable names, as mentioned they are not motivated sellers, so generally would take large numbers to get their attention.

They are also one of whats call the golden 5 (altho I only know 4 of the 5), which are the 5 people with huge portfolios with crazy value.

Out of interest who are the golden 5? I know of several people with huge portfolios, but I don't actually know who are the biggest, I'm assuming Tagnames, Steven Jackson and Giant Games are among them?

Out of interest who are the golden 5? I know of several people with huge portfolios, but I don't actually know who are the biggest, I'm assuming Tagnames, Steven Jackson and Giant Games are among them?

Adsonline have some amazing names.

Frank schilling would be one, Rick latona has plenty but don't think they are majorly impressive :???:

I'm bloody sick of doing who-is just to find Nokta :( > you just know you won't get that name for cheap.

I think they were the company that sold taste.co.uk to Sainsbury and egg.co.uk to Egg for £100k+ each years ago.

They also use to be known as name-shop.com / co.uk

oh - think I was wrong about Egg - as their site says....

Previous sales include taste.co.uk for £110,000, three.co.uk for £102,000 and e85.com for $90,000.

I think the golden 5 are Giant Games, STJ, Nokta, Tag Names and I don't know who the other is but people talk about the 5, maybe its schilling, hell if I know.

Do any of them actively appear in the domain community? I've never seen an article or forum with Giant Games for example and all I know about tagnames is an email address. Given that acorn is the leading UK forum I would have thought that they would take an interest in it, or maybe they do and I don't know. I know we have some big players, but I get the impression that those on the next level are hidden from the general public.

Last edited:
No, I don't think they do. But on the other hand, why would they if you really take a step back and look at it? They must have people pounding on their doors every day to buy domains given the quality and reach of their portfolio, and they're probably not looking to buy more domains, and certainly not in ones and twos on a forum!

Yeah, I guess so. When you think about it and see how many they actually have and how much they are worth then they probably wouldn't bother about the reseller market. That said, if I were that big I would probably keep an eye out because I'm sure acorn, along with other information sites, are useful for seeing general trends and how small business interpret the industry. I would have thought by looking into it the business as a whole would benefit. I've also noticed that many businesses of that size fail to make use of the domains, losing potentially thousands and more. With that sort of money I'd hire a team to develop mini sites etc, but I guess it is easier said than done.

Does anyone with PRSS currently or in the past AND have ever prss'd any of those people, have to hand the number of domains held by each ?

It's run by Angus Hanton who used to be a Non-exec at Nominet, real nice guy and knows his stuff inside out. I guess that is unfortunate when you are trying to buy something.

Not sure how many they own but as a tag they have enough for 3% (the maximum voting rights).

In Order of who has the Most

Nokta - way more than anyone else
Trifega - probably the 5th skinner was talking about
Tagnames
Giant Games
Steven Terence Jackson – Has alot less then the others but might have more under a different name,

One more that comes to mind is another.com .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom