Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Google Analytics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In the last month had over 10,000 hits from search but over 9,000 in google analytics say search term 'not provided'.

I understand these are when people use shttp or are logged into google account etc but is 90% excessive??

Is it safe to assume these are valid hits and they are probably the same keywords that produce the other 10% of hits??

All Google search traffic will register as not provided. You'll get more information about the search phrases used from your Webmaster Tools account (or within GA if you've linked the two).

In the last month had over 10,000 hits from search but over 9,000 in google analytics say search term 'not provided'.

I understand these are when people use shttp or are logged into google account etc but is 90% excessive??

Is it safe to assume these are valid hits and they are probably the same keywords that produce the other 10% of hits??

It's not excessive, it's normal and yes you can get an indication from the other 10% but as Martin says, you get more info in Google Search Console (why the chuff did they rename it from Webmaster Tools!)

I also find Google Webmaster Tools (or whatever it's now called) much better for search data than Google Analytics.

This is something that Google has been doing as a matter of course for several years now. There was an outcry from the webmaster community when they first announced they'd be hiding the data (of course Google put a more positive PR spin on it than that, but that's effectively what they did) but it's ancient history in web terms now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom