Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_co_uk Beauty Ecommerce site for sale - good turnover

Reaction score
Website is nicelypolished dot co dot uk

Hey guys and girls, you may have seen this listed on Flippa. We had a buyer back in October who paid a deposit and then decided to pull out in December. We had sold a lot of stock and had not replenished as we had a buyer and are still looking for another buyer, a lot of canvasses and some offers but nothing we took. Sales have gone down as stock is around 30% lower than we had in peak time and we have not touched the website in 9 months with new products, any marketing.

Figures below are based from January this year, they were higher when we started the flippa listing. I will update figures tomorrow to include up to end of May.

I am just offering the website, socials etc. The website fell under my main business alongside many other websites so company accounts will not be useful. We have all Braintree and Paypal transactions which we have matched to website orders for verification. Happy to screenshare, video etc. anything you want.

Key Highlights - All Excluding VAT

• £136,700 total yearly turnover. £110,000 website, £26,700 by Ebay and Amazon
  • £42,378 (31%) Net profit
  • Over 2500 reviews with an average over 4.9 out of 5.
  • 80% of traffic is organic (around 5000 visitors a month)
  • £47,000 (currently) of stock at cost (wholesale) price available via a separate discussion. (this figure was nearer £70,000 in October.
Please also note the decline in sales has been due to a sale being agreed in December, we consequently didnt place orders for new stock or replenish old stock and that had an affect on the sales.

If you know much about SEO then the link profile alone of the site and the history and reviews show its a very legitimate, trustworthy, loved site. Coupled with the 2500+ reviews
backlinks from the likes of Nailsmag.com, yahoo.com, usatoday.com, vogue.co.uk, nytimes.com, thesun.co.uk, thesun.ie, the scottishsun.co.uk, techradar.com and many others. The link profile is outstanding.

SEMrush authority score - 32
the company ranking number one for gel nail polish have an authority score of 36.

Operations

Buyer will need to be UK based due to 90% of our customers originating here and also the stock holding.

We sell nail polish, gels and other nail accessories via our website mainly and also supplement with Ebay and Amazon.

2 of the nail brands we purchase direct from suppliers in the USA, another brand we purchase from the manufacturer in Poland and the rest is from UK suppliers.

We have approximately £50,000 ex vat in cost price stock which is not part of this sale but would be available via a separate agreement with purchaser. This figure may go up or down slightly as we are continuing to fulfil orders and purchase further stock. You would need approximately a single garage sized space fully racked to stock all the product.

It is not a dropship business and would require approximately 1 hour a day (2 on a Monday) to fulfill website orders and 1 hours a day to fulfill Ebay and Amazon orders.

We do not get many phone calls, probably only 4 or 5 a week with most customers choosing to use the live chat or email options.

We have designed a new website which we will pass over to the buyer all the design files.

The site is built on the Magento 2 platform and has a number of up extensions and add ons both paid and free which give their functionality.

We have a writer who does 1 or 2 pieces a month and I would be happy to introduce you after the sale.

We have done a PR campaign about 6 months ago and the odd bit of link building which I did myself.

For shipping, we use Royal Mail and DPD depending on what the customer selects and how many products can go with each.

Reason for sale

Another child on the way and my main business is in a completely different niche, whilst I have enjoyed building this up I cannot commit more time into growing the business. It is not a dropship business and would require approximately 1 hour a day (2 on a Monday) to fulfill website orders and 1 hour a day to fulfill Ebay and Amazon orders. There would also be around 30 mins a day answering the odd question and printing delivery notes.

Customers

Our customers are a mix of end-users and also nail technicians. We have a number of repeat customers and 2 large regular ones who purchase via email/telephone

Financials

I have not accounted for the sales that we take by email or telephone which would generate another £500-1000 a month on average.

We had a big increase in sales for around 6 months when the pandemic first hit, probably double what they are now as more people were at home doing nails and not getting them done in salons. Sales are slightly higher now to what they were pre pandemic.

There was a period of around 4 months where we could not sell on Amazon due to verification issues, this was resolved in September 2021.

Sales also dipped when we lost all our EU customers when it started getting very expensive with customs charges, additional delivery charges etc. This is now a more straight forward process but I havent opened up the option to sell internationally again yet. We have a lot of Scandanavian customers who spend approximately £1-2000 a month that if we switched on International delivery would be back. Happy to show pre Brexit orders to these countries as proof of this

After the sale

I would be happy to provide support for a few months after the sale to ensure a smooth hand off. I am happy for the buyer to come to my business premises and see the stock etc and discuss anything.

Additional Notes

This is not a dropship business and would require approximately a single garage sized space to stock the products.

We will provide the buyer with all the information about where to get products with supplier intros as well.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom