Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Has anything dropped today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUI

Reaction score
Has anything dropped today?

Been through around 50 on today's droplist and all still suspended.

I don't think nominet have enough money to monitor that one task at the weekend. Have you any idea how much it would cost to pay someone to look at the site once on a Sunday?! lol Yeah I would really trust them to diversify and move into other markets. Anyway to answer your question I am still seeing 2,685 domains that haven't moved today. Absolutely pathetic that nobody there is available from 5:30pm on a Friday night until 9am Monday morning.

Last edited:
Mind you their rep David has looked in quite a few times, so all is not lost...

It seems in UK that the more money at your disposal the less you do. I've got servers in 5 countries and it's only in UK where there is nobody there at the weekend. Germany, US, France, Italy 24 hours a day 7 days a week.. UK nope shut for the weekend. So I guess it's not just Nominet :p

Maybe they should put up the price of domain registrations to cover the cost?

It's quite funny really. They tell us how wonderful they are and they're doing us a favour raising the prices 50% ... new infrastructure..... diversify.. blah blah and yet they can't even get Alf the handyman just to pop his head in on a Sunday and see if one of the like three things they actually have to do is still working :p I bet they can manage to plan board meetings in 5 star hotels in the Bahamas on a Sunday night though ;)

Classic British monopoly in action - utter complacency re: customer consideration and service.

Wish Nominet were regulated; they'd fail on so many levels.

On that subject, can rights be taken away from Nominet for controlling this market?

I asked this recently and the answer were essentially no. Unless the government steps in.

Wish Nominet were regulated; they'd fail on so many levels.

On that subject, can rights be taken away from Nominet for controlling this market?

I wasn't chasing but was stuff dropping and the DAC not reporting it?

I dropped sim-cards.co.uk and got a cancellation email at 07:06.
It wasn't registered when I checked yesterday but someone has picked it up now

I wish there was a like button on this forum - would have pressed it a few times in this thread today :D

I wasn't chasing but was stuff dropping and the DAC not reporting it?

I dropped sim-cards.co.uk and got a cancellation email at 07:06.
It wasn't registered when I checked yesterday but someone has picked it up now

I think they are dropping yesterdays domains through the drop cycle today. Nothing had dropped by midnight.

I think they are dropping yesterdays domains through the drop cycle today. Nothing had dropped by midnight.

Code:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The following message was sent from the Automaton:

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

Please be informed that the domain name

sim-cards.co.uk

has been cancelled by

positive@Nominet

If you have any questions please contact [email protected].

Documentation on the automaton can be found on the Nominet Web site at http://www.nominet.org.uk/go/automaton

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: BCPG v1.46

According to nominet it dropped I got that email yesterday

I'm fairly sure it was showing as free to reg yesterday afternoon as well I did check a few names manualy via the whois though so maybe I got mixed up

I'm not saying they weren't cancelled it's just dac was showing them as still suspended and couldn't register through EPP. For example we are chasing 4 today from yesterdays drops for clients and they are still showing suspended - the registrant may well have received a cancellation email but dac/epp can't register. Also the expired database is filling up slowly with around 1000 I believe of yesterdays dropped now having done so.
Edit: Actually I made a mistake - was looking at the wrong day. I'm only seeing 35 that have dropped but need to update.

Last edited:
Domains with today's drop date started dropping in the early hours - so it appears that systems were OK post midnight, so, did Nominet deliberately pause yesterday's drops?

I phoned Nominet this morning regarding a domain that should have dropped yesterday and the customer service representative heavily hinted that it will drop today.

So it does look like a double drop today but why the pause for yesterday? I don't think they would have 'fixed the issue' in the early hours. Was it a deliberate hold?

I'm not saying they weren't cancelled it's just dac was showing them as still suspended and couldn't register through EPP. For example we are chasing 4 today from yesterdays drops for clients and they are still showing suspended - the registrant may well have received a cancellation email but dac/epp can't register. Also the expired database is filling up slowly with around 1000 I believe of yesterdays dropped now having done so.
Edit: Actually I made a mistake - was looking at the wrong day. I'm only seeing 35 that have dropped but need to update.

That's what I was wondering was it potentially a problem with the DAC/EPP I'm not even sure what was dropping yesterday could there have potentially been a few gems that could have been hand reged

Drops have failed over weekends before - as far as I can remember, it never gets fixed until Monday. I think they must get manually re-queued if they're outside the normal scope, or something.

Yes your right this has happened many many times before you can moan as much as you want but this does happen !

Drops have failed over weekends before - as far as I can remember, it never gets fixed until Monday. I think they must get manually re-queued if they're outside the normal scope, or something.

Yes your right this has happened many many times before you can moan as much as you want but this does happen !

Yeah I guess that's alright then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom