Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hello!

Reaction score
Hi all from another newbie. Been lurking around recently with great interest and now freshly registered. I have a small portfolio, some of which was acquired many years ago with the intention of doing something with (never did). Added more recently that I think might be decent, but in all honesty, I haven’t got a clue if they have any real value. I guess a few are not bad and one or two are simply embarrassing – no don’t even ask!

Aiming to learn more with a view to occasional dabbling rather than diving into domaining proper. I can see it’s a minefield for the inexperienced! Particularly keen to understand more about how and where to sell, which I sense is much more difficult than the buying bit.

This seems like a really friendly place with a lot of very knowledgeable, genuinely helpful members. Thanks to everyone for all the posts / advice given so far. I hope to be able to reciprocate at some point!

Thanks,

Thanks for your kind welcomes. Haha, ok fair enough. Unfortunately I don’t have anything amazing like christmas.co.uk to share (I wish!) but examples of those I would class as reasonable for me include administrate.co.uk (have .uk too) which I registered I think back in 2000 to do a big project that never happened. Had a few enquiries from end users over the years but hadn't thought of selling until recently. Out of nostalgia I also got punkmusic.co.uk which has actually made a huge resurgence, so who knows?

Of the more embarrassing ones (there are a few), I’d include potholessolutions.co.uk which I registered in a flush of excitement following the Chancellor’s March budget announcement of a £2.5bn pothole fund, quickly followed by a rare moment of clarity in which I thought, ok what the **** am I going to do with that? lol

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom