Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Help needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi any help would be helpful as ive just been told i have to take my website down i wont tell you the url but something like this

tv11onfinance. co.uk

and i have received a message of tv11finance. com saying they will take legal action against me if i dont remove my site
they bought the name and traded a couple of month before me
they are calling it (passing off) as them any help is appreciated

thanks

If they have a trademark, started operating before you, and offer a similar service, then take it down!

they dont have a trademark they are affiliate site like mine directing them to suppliers

Just a thought..

Are you earning money from the site in question? Is it really worth the time, effort and stress in arguing the case.

and i have received a message of tv11finance. com saying they will take legal action against me if i dont remove my site
they bought the name and traded a couple of month before me
they are calling it (passing off) as them any help is appreciated

Just ignore them, it's a common tactic called bullying.

BTW, did they add 15 exclamation marks after the phrase 'passing off' as that's a clear sign they are deranged?

If your example is meant to be accurately representative of the name, then I don't think you have a leg to stand on. It's not remotely generic. In other words, because it's not a normal word/expression, it's pretty clear you would never even have thought to register it if the .com didn't already exist. Looks like old-fashioned cybersquatting.

(Note: I'm only commenting based on your example. If the expression is, in fact, generic, then please disregard all of the above)

thanks for your comments i am going to change the name anyway to save the mither and does anybody know how i will keep rankings in google if i swap my domain thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom