Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Help with Domain name purchase and rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is personally owned by a director you may want to consider the following that could happen in the future without some safeguards being in place.

What if the director ceases to be involved with the company, does the lease agreement continue? or could the director decide to terminate the agreement and leas the domain to another company instead in the future (maybe even one he sets up on his own). Consider the impact to the existing company if that were to happen.

The most secure (and I would also say logical) way is for the company to own the domain. If that isn't possible then setting up some legally enforceable safeguards would in my opinion seem a sensible course of action at the very least.

I think he deserves a pat on the back for being proactive and having the bollocks to get the name the company really needs to take it forward. £300 pm is nowt really long term, don't know what the fuss is about. I can see it is a bit maverick-esq but its the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom