Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Help with Facebook Like / Google Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK, I'm long way behind with regards to facebook.

I've seen facebook like buttons on web sites, is there any way I can see who likes my site? I'm considering requesting "likes" to enter a competition, but obviously I need to know how to contact the winner.

Am I just not "getting" facebook?

Can I also do the same with Google Plus?

I have personal FB/G+ accounts but don't really want to link business sites to a personal account given the crap that comes in via "friends", it wouldn't look very professional.

Hope this makes sense.

I'd suggest having a read up on Facebook's ts and cs, there are lots of rules around contests (basically: they say don't do it), but there are ways round it and it's not really enforced.

You need to create a Facebook page for your website, and then when people like it you'll generally be able to see who they are. You create a page with your personal profile as the admin, but no one sees who you are with the default setting.

The best thing to do though is to announce the name of the winner on your FB page and ask them to contact you to claim the prize - most people never do. If you're having a contest, I'd recommend posting it on the Money Saving Expert forums as well because you'll get a lot of likes, especially if the prize is good.

I personally don't think it's worth doing for G+ at the moment until you have a good following elsewhere to back it up. Start with FB, there's a lot more info out there.

Do you use Joomla Alex or your own cms type? As I have a great plugin for Joomla and facebook.

Works awesomely with Joomla and facebook, brings in great traffic.

I mostly use Drupal these days, I have used Joomla in the past (anyone want a few Joomla domains?)

Looks like no quick & dirty way and not a lot of time for this particular event, so I'll just direct them to the contact form for now. If there are any good suggestions though for future giveaways I'll experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom