Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Here is a simple SEO tip for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For all people who are just starting to learn how to promote their sites, do not try multiple methods at the same time or you might end up tired without any result...

Start with one or 2 method first and when you are about to master these methods and you used to do it, add another method in your arsenal...

In order...

First month
Do forum posting and blog commenting daily. Add useful blogs into your rss readers so that you can post comment when there are new posts.

Second month
while still doing the above methods, start to write and submit articles and links to directories...

Third month onwards...
Now that you are seeing the result of what you are doing, try other methods like social bookmarking, yahoo answer, twitter, etc... but make sure your 1st and second month activities are still going... You are just adding methods but not changing...

Do not try to do all of these on the first month if your time can handle...

Most of all, spend 80% of your time in promotion and 20% in content...

hope this will stop you from posting questions like How to promote my site, how to get traffic, how to... seo.. etc, etc.. this is very simple but fruitful if followed correctly...

Last edited:
Sensible advice. I also think that people should ensure from day 1 that they have good quality stats to monitor the results of their efforts, including something like Google Analytics plus conversion tracking (and click tracking for affiliate sites). Otherwise you will not have data about where your traffic and sales are coming from and will be relying on gut feel rather than evidence.

Sensible advice. I also think that people should ensure from day 1 that they have good quality stats to monitor the results of their efforts, including something like Google Analytics plus conversion tracking (and click tracking for affiliate sites). Otherwise you will not have data about where your traffic and sales are coming from and will be relying on gut feel rather than evidence.

Monitoring of what you are doing is really important so that you will know the progress and ares of improvement.

Last edited:
The detailed information for the above methods actually is explained in this free ebook..

SEO for All
- the most comprehensive guide for new webmasters and reference to experts.

>Most of all, spend 80% of your time in promotion and 20% in content...

Not the best advice!!!

Use wordpress - it flies up the search engines & there are some really good seo plugins, like the one that automatically creates links between pages within your site. I haven't used this one yet since I only just found it, but even without that all of my wordpress sites have done exceptionally well.

Use wordpress - it flies up the search engines & there are some really good seo plugins, like the one that automatically creates links between pages within your site. I haven't used this one yet since I only just found it, but even without that all of my wordpress sites have done exceptionally well.

That's just one of those many ways but yes, it helps a lot..

I think that the 80% in promotion and 20% in content is really valid if you've spent the time on creating great content in the first place.

IMO Google strives to push great content to the top of the results. Given that it's generally accepted that we can't beat Google the thing to do is create the best content you can. When you think your content qualifies as being great then it's time to switch to the 80% promotion, 20% content. The 20% is enough to keep your content fresh and have the crawler see new stuff when it visits.

The other thing about having great content is that you will get natural links from varied sources over time.

We follow this strategy - trying to create great sites and it really works for us.

The reason why I appropriate only 20% in content is because content is easy to do than promotion... A single article can be promoted 100 times using different keywords in different websites, so there is no reason to spend most of your time in article writing...

The reason why I appropriate only 20% in content is because content is easy to do than promotion... A single article can be promoted 100 times using different keywords in different websites, so there is no reason to spend most of your time in article writing...

I am not convinced that content is easier than promotion. To have naturally linkable content is difficult and expensive to produce. In my opinion spending money on content is essential and in general the more you spend the better the content and the more linkable the content.

One page is still one page and it will rank for a set of terms. 100 pages should rank for 100x the keywords. Therefore if you produce a site with 100 pages on it and then promote the site you spread the work over 100 pages. We don't ever promote one page but then again that's not our aim. We do rank #1 on Google for 100's of words and phrases.

We spend far more on content than promotion. If we didn't spend on content we'd have to get into grey hat stuff and that's a loser in my opinion. If you create great content you protect your future.

Then again - who knows!

I am not convinced that content is easier than promotion. To have naturally linkable content is difficult and expensive to produce. In my opinion spending money on content is essential and in general the more you spend the better the content and the more linkable the content.

One page is still one page and it will rank for a set of terms. 100 pages should rank for 100x the keywords. Therefore if you produce a site with 100 pages on it and then promote the site you spread the work over 100 pages. We don't ever promote one page but then again that's not our aim. We do rank #1 on Google for 100's of words and phrases.

We spend far more on content than promotion. If we didn't spend on content we'd have to get into grey hat stuff and that's a loser in my opinion. If you create great content you protect your future.

Then again - who knows!

Well it's up to you where you feel comfortable... Promotion is really hard that's why I say put more effort on promotion... I can write a quality article in 2 hours and promote it everywhere in 8 hours...

well, depends on your budget you can outsource your link building to some trusted source.
but some of the methods listed above won't directly give you link juice. eg. posting at Yahoo answer, twitter, facebook etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom