Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

HI from Oz Domainer Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Ed from Perth, Australia. :-D

I am very happy to find this forum that focuses on .co.uk domains.
Well done for putting it together.:cool:

My quick history -

I have been buying domain names for the past 10 years or so in the .com and .com.au markets mainly for businesses that I own, not for domaining purposes.

I have only been buying .co.uk domains over the past 8 months.
I was born is Scotland and my family immigrated to Australia when I was very young, but I have been back to the UK a few times so I have a strong interest with what goes on in the UK.

I own about 250+ .co.uk domains now, some great, some good and a fair few that are not great. But all are generic 2 or 3 word domains.

I am in the process of developing some of the better ones and working on some JV projects with others.

I tend to focus on commercially viable names that have a easily recognizable product or service related to them that can be developed with JV partners.

I have been running my AdWords Marketing Consulting business www.adwordsmarketing.com since 2003 dealing with clients across the globe including quite a few in the UK.

Becoming a "domainer" has been a natural and logical extension of that business for me and I also decided to start a blog about domain names at www.ozdomainer.com

I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing what I have learned over the years with you guys and also learning from all your combined experience.

Regards :)

Ed Keay-Smith
www.ozdomainer.com

Hi Ed,

Welcome aboard mate, how's the weather like in Australia at the moment , it's frosty and cold here.

I'm sure we could pickup quite a few titbits from you as well.

enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here in the cold UK

Welcome to AD Ed, sounds like you have a good all round experience in domaining and websites.

Thanks for the welcome guys

I look forward to 2008.

I will be heading back to the UK in Apr / May to take 6 months off with my wife and daughter and we will be spending a month or so in Scotland and England.

So you never know I may get to meet some of you in person.

Cheers

Ed

Welcome Ed..that's a great post to start off

I want to spend some time learning a bit more about domains myself, since I
have a few parked somewhere right now..

Now I have to figure out where I parked them :-D then maybe I can get something done with them. I look forward to your posts Ed.

Anthony

Welcome to the forum Ed, what's the market in .com.au like?

Rgds

Accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom