Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been a member for a while now, still discovering the wealth of information buried in the forum, it's fantastic. Im looking to start utilising a few domains I have, setting up some wordpress sites and writing some decent content. The sites I will be developing are hobbies or I have some knowledge about so hopefully this will keep the interest up and start to make progress.

Finally sorted out some hosting so I can host multiple sites and actually get on and get the sites up and running

One question, is it best to dive straight in with google ads, or approach companies (related to the subject) for some sort of affiliate program?

Cheers

Welcome - my short reply to your question is try everything.
Ad sales, adsense, affiliate links... Which ever pays the most (after a period of checking your results) is probably the one you want to focus on.

I haven't done much affiliate marketing, but I suspect that the people who do the best are focusing on affiliate stuff. Adsense might pay great if you have high traffic and are good at positioning the ads and tweaking it to get a higher CTR.

Good luck

Thanks Rich, youve been here a while by the looks of things!

Hi woop woop, im just discovering the affiliate 'providers' commonly used on this site and trying to figure out if there will be any suitable for the site I'm building.

Welcome to the forum. There's no harm in getting ads up quickly :). What names do you have?

Domain names?

Primarily a few motorsport and driving related ones as this a big interest of mine.

Most of these are sitting idle, a couple I could redirect to the one im setting up now, but im wary of "pissing off google" by doing the wrong type of redirection!

Domain names?

Primarily a few motorsport and driving related ones as this a big interest of mine.

Most of these are sitting idle, a couple I could redirect to the one im setting up now, but im wary of "pissing off google" by doing the wrong type of redirection!

Well, it's good that your domains match up with your interests. I've found in the past that I'm more able to put time into sites I actually have a connection with. It makes it seem less like work :). Good luck with your ventures!

Welcome to the forum, you'll definately get loads of useful information here!

I was recently given the advice here that setting up mini sites and linking to the main site would work better, especially if the 'supporting domains' do not have backlinks or indexed pages.

Well, it's good that your domains match up with your interests. I've found in the past that I'm more able to put time into sites I actually have a connection with. It makes it seem less like work :). Good luck with your ventures!

Yes I agree, I figured it would help me stay motivated when it comes to writing content for the sites.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, you'll definately get loads of useful information here!

I was recently given the advice here that setting up mini sites and linking to the main site would work better, especially if the 'supporting domains' do not have backlinks or indexed pages.

Interesting, I've heard a 301 redirect is the most SEO friendly, and less maintenance needed (obviously).

What was the reasoning behind the separate minisites alex?

I reckon there are 4 or 5 minisites to come from 10 or so domains.

welcome fletchbog.
what hosting did you go for in the end?

Hi boxerdog, I opted for i7solutions.co.uk in the end. They seem like a very small outfit, but very cheap and seems to fit the bill. Cpanel has come on leaps and bounds since the old days!

Interesting, I've heard a 301 redirect is the most SEO friendly, and less maintenance needed (obviously).

What was the reasoning behind the separate minisites alex?

I reckon there are 4 or 5 minisites to come from 10 or so domains.

301 redirect is good, but only if your domain is already getting traffic and has back links, otherwise no one will find them. If you set up a mini site for each domain, concentrating on the relevant keywords, the mini sites will rank in Google and enjoy increased traffic. If you then place links to the appropriate pages in your main site and encourage users to follow them then ultimately the main site will rank higher and the overall exposure will be greater. It obviously means slightly more work, but the mini site doesn't have to be extravagant.

301 redirect is good, but only if your domain is already getting traffic and has back links, otherwise no one will find them. If you set up a mini site for each domain, concentrating on the relevant keywords, the mini sites will rank in Google and enjoy increased traffic. If you then place links to the appropriate pages in your main site and encourage users to follow them then ultimately the main site will rank higher and the overall exposure will be greater. It obviously means slightly more work, but the mini site doesn't have to be extravagant.

Of course seems obvious now. I'll work for a month or so on the main site content then will begin with setting up some of the other domains, thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom