Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

how many links per day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I found a post on AC a few months ago, but have lost it. It had some advice on the speed of link building.

How many links a day would you recommended?

many thanks

Baz

If you want to do it safely...

New sites and sites with few links should be built up slowly. My rule of thumb is a handful of lowish value links per day at most.

If you're working with a (reasonably) established site, it all depends on how many links it has already and what PR/SEOmoz scores it has. People will probably slate me for using PR as an example here, but it's the easiest way to describe it. A typical PR6 site will take hundreds of links per day without jumping around the rankings, whereas just 1 PR5 link to a PR0 or PR1 site will typically cause it to jump around.

The main thing is to be consistent with your numbers, don't build 50 links one day and then none for the next month. Keep it gradual, and increase the quality of the links as your site becomes more established (though you'll want something of a mix to look more natural).

Hi,
How many links a day would you recommended?

Hi Baz,

I would say it all depends on the type of links / quality of links were talking about.

Where someone adds a great tool, free widget, viral piece of content or news story this could attract thousands of links a day....

Point being look more into the type of links were talking about here + not a bad idea to add links after adding fresh content to the site, if you catch my drift.

Thanks js1, some good points I'll take on board before my I start the task.

Cheers

Baz

If the links are natural/non guideline breaking links I'd say get as many of them every day as you can. But only if you can get the same number next day too.

You don't want to have big spikes of links constantly... the key is keeping up the link building speed.

I'm not a SEO expert, but I'd guess also avoid some of these automated - 500-2000 directory links or 1000 social bookmarking links; my impression is that many of these use low value directories that use a certain type of coding that allows for/doesn't block automated submissions.

If the links are natural/non guideline breaking links I'd say get as many of them every day as you can. But only if you can get the same number next day too.

You don't want to have big spikes of links constantly... the key is keeping up the link building speed.

You can have peaks on link building, if you can disguise your links, for example, issue a bunch of press releases when you want to add a load of links. That activity disguises high volume link building, and gives a natural spike...

But other than that, I would stick with the advice, slow, steady, natural.

In general building up gradually is a good idea. I think peaks are okay as long as they appear to be natural. It's quite typically for instance for a page to go viral, so it would be unusual for google to require that to continue indefinitey. I do agree though in that any very unnatural occurence, such as getting tonnes of links one day, then literally none for weeks.. then tonnes again, will look suspect. I'm currently link building for my funny quotes site and as I've just started I just add occasional links. Then maybe I'll submit to social sites, perform a few link exchanges and so on. Steadily build momentum, especially where new sites are concerned.

Last edited:
The problem I have with peaks in link building, is its almost impossible to build in the type of links and signals that would legitimately appear if you had content that naturally went viral.

You won't have the masses of referrer traffic, you won't have the media links, you won't have the clickthrough data, etc etc. Its far simpler and safer to just build at a steady pace, than trying to fake peaks and keep them looking natural.

The problem I have with peaks in link building, is its almost impossible to build in the type of links and signals that would legitimately appear if you had content that naturally went viral.

You won't have the masses of referrer traffic, you won't have the media links, you won't have the clickthrough data, etc etc. Its far simpler and safer to just build at a steady pace, than trying to fake peaks and keep them looking natural.

Yes, that's true. It would likely differ from a going naturally viralt, so google might recognise that. In the past as part of link building I actually used to try to get content to go viral, so that would likely be the only safe way to going the peak route. It's more difficult nowadays though of course, with so much competition, to provide content that people want to share.

Well there is no maximum or no minimal count for building the links, Actually no metrics exists for this, i suggest if your website is new then you should link the website at a constant rate.

Now, it depends on the website that is linking to you. If you are linking back from a good PR website then the links will be valued , but also the contents must be related to your website.

Always build the links on constant rate, this is not as such 100 links in one month and no link in the next month ....

Last edited:
It seems that most of ideas are already covered with their comments. One thing that you should not forget, is also build links from .gov or .edu sites. Google give high respects those sites. It's like if search engines will find your site on a .edu site they will think that your site is managed by a professor. The .gov and .edu backlinks are said to be 30x more powerful than regular backlinks.

Yes, well said these both domain extensions .edu and .gov have more significiant SEO power but these websites are harder to find, for .gov link you need to put special request to government but the .edu are easily available.

can somebody post here .edu websites that provide dofollow links.

It seems that most of ideas are already covered with their comments. One thing that you should not forget, is also build links from .gov or .edu sites. Google give high respects those sites. It's like if search engines will find your site on a .edu site they will think that your site is managed by a professor. The .gov and .edu backlinks are said to be 30x more powerful than regular backlinks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom