Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How many web-connected devices do you have at home?

Which ones did you get the philips ones?

Home automation self-professed resident expert alert! ;-)

Home automation self-professed resident expert alert! ;-)

Hi David :) That was a mouthfull :D did you learn that at Eton?

1: wifi kettle (still going strong)
2: cctv system (hand built)

Thats all my things that connect to my internet, ofcourse I have a laptop and iphone.

Which ones did you get the philips ones?

Yeah..Philips Hue. It was actually an inspired gift from an Aunty. Although I have to admit I could count on one hand the amount of times Ive used them via the app. The one I would want to adjust the most is in the bedroom ;) ...and by the time I'm ready to dimmer that bad boy down my phone is switched off and in another room and it just aint worth it! A dimmer switch is better!

Hi David :) That was a mouthfull :D did you learn that at Eton?

1: wifi kettle (still going strong)
2: cctv system (hand built)

Thats all my things that connect to my internet, ofcourse I have a laptop and iphone.

I thought you had returned the wifi kettle back after it broke. Do remind us about your CCTV system with the computer you built and the video capture cards you put in it when you have a moment! ;-)

Yeah..Philips Hue. It was actually an inspired gift from an Aunty. Although I have to admit I could count on one hand the amount of times Ive used them via the app. The one I would want to adjust the most is in the bedroom ;) ...and by the time I'm ready to dimmer that bad boy down my phone is switched off and in another room and it just aint worth it! A dimmer switch is better!

How do you stream video if your phone is switched off in the other room?

Does Hue work with IFTTT because I've not checked? WeMo does.

The one I bought a few years ago was a type of mood light it was £80 and came with a Philips remote, a little time before they changed to app only.

The actual Philips lights been working pretty much every day for about 8 years.

Are yours the lightbulbs you screw in or stand alone glass globe type one which is what I have, you can also add more of the same light and control them all by one remote.

I thought about upgrading so that I dont have to keep buying the pencil batteries as its eats them for fun, with the app there is no more buying batteries :)

I thought you had returned the wifi kettle back after it broke.

You are correct, it is the second one after the first ones lid distored as its plastic, same has happened with this one :mad:

Do remind us about your CCTV system with the computer you built and the video capture cards you put in it when you have a moment! ;-)

You are correct again thats exactly what it is :)

The one I bought a few years ago was a type of mood light it was £80 and came with a Philips remote, a little time before they changed to app only.

The actual Philips lights been working pretty much every day for about 8 years.

Are yours the lightbulbs you screw in or stand alone glass globe type one which is what I have, you can also add more of the same light and control them all by one remote.

I thought about upgrading so that I dont have to keep buying the pencil batteries as its eats them for fun, with the app there is no more buying batteries :)

Yup, screw in bulbs with wifi built in.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts