Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

how much are these names worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi i have some domain names and was wondering if any of them are worth anything? thanks so much...

4sapps.com
121america.com
appriciate.com
bayco.co.uk
.camperbay.com
chacey.com
cowelltv.com
cowelltv.co.uk
dozian.com
elcita.com
fifthjudge.com
fifthjudge.co.uk
grumbo.com
incasesomeonecares.com
mathis.co.uk
mymadeuplife.com
scanting.com
swirlycircle.com
tattcity.com
tayloo.com
thefifthjudge.com
thefifthjudge.co.uk
topshakes.com
topshakes.co.uk
tradeswappers.com
travelrightamerica.com
unichums.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathis is obviously worth something but the rest are not worth a carrot. I guess your just here to link them.

Hey Mathis

I think your names are perfect examples of brandables - where the value is only determined if a new business startup finds you and likes the name (or you find them).

The business could be an existing one too who like the name and have a plan for it.

Brandables IMO are very speculative because most of the time they sound good, we buy them, but there is no easy plan for us to develop/use and no obvious endusers we could sell to.

I sold a few recently for around £1500, but I feel pretty lucky with those sales and the renewals on the rest of the brandables has probably cost me close to the income from any sales.

My advice to you (+ myself) is to only buy these types of domains if there is something that is easy for me to put on the site to at least have a bit of revenue coming in (enough to pay the renewal ~£3/year).
If so, then if/when xxxx sales happen, it really is profit (and not fake profit that mostly pays the bills of the other domains)

Good luck.

BTW if you want to see some of my brandables (some really are gems, check out part 1 of my portfolio for sale here)

Very few of those have any hope even as one in a thousand chance brandables.

i am not here to link them they dont go anywhere:) just wanted to know if they worth anything, thanks so so much for the advice woopwoop, is true they sound like great names when you buy them but not sure whet to do with them once owned:) am going to look into how to do adsence for some of them but looks hard:)

some of your names you are selling cheap i would have brought thinking they were great:(
anyway will just think of something to do with them and see what happens.

thanks so so much joe

If they sound like "great names" you need to go back to the drawing board and read A LOT MORE before you register even one more domain. As it stands, you'll just be throwing more money away. Everything you need to know has been posted on this forum (dozens of times) as long as you're actually willing to take the advice given.

woopwoop dont be mean, mathis may go and register a load more now and be gutted in a few years when left with them all dropping.

You will be telling him to take Aidens advice soon.

Sheesh!

woopwoop dont be mean, mathis may go and register a load more now and be gutted in a few years when left with them all dropping.

Sheesh!

100% agree. When you see somebody effectively shredding their hard-earned cash, tell them to switch off the shredder!

mathis.co.uk is okay but I don't know if there are plenty of buyers for personal names.

A few may qualify as remotely brandable but not all of them.
Registering available domain names is easy, everybody can do it.
Finding domains that sell is much less easy.

I would make sure the auto-renew is set to off.
Then refrain from buying more domains until you get a feel for what is in demand and could possibly sell.

Mathis - hope you can see the nature of the advice being given, it really is to help you and very valuable.

Basically if you post all your names in the bargain bin today asking for a tenner each (basically the amount you paid) I doubt you would sell any of these.

If you're starting out I would really advice against 'brandables' and go for names were people are searching for those exact words and companies are spending money on Adwords paying for adverts using those exact words. You can use tools such as the Google Keyword Tool to see how many searches each keyword or phrase has each month (to be used as a guide) and a quick search in Google will tell you if companies ate advertising.

Or another way is to find keywords for products or services (where the domain is available) where competition is not fierce but with a little effort a website could be built and there are affiliate companies out there who would offer a nice commission. If you can't build the site yourself, or just don't want to, you may find others on here that would. You can then flip it for a profit (i.e buy for £7 - flip for £35 and you have just got back 5x your investment or £28 profit). Do this 50 times a year and there's a £1,000 in your back pocket (minus income tax of course :) )

It is a learning process but start with three or four domains and learn as you go. Don't plough money is straight away.

The domains you have are as random as me now going to buy polycow.co.uk (which is free to register) and waiting for someone to come up with the magic idea of wanting to use Polycow as a brand name. It's like waiting for your lottery numbers to come up!

If you can't see an immediate 5 companies that could use your name as an investment or can't see an immediate way to monetise (i.e. Product or service affiliate commission) then probably best to steer clear.

Last edited:

Sheesh!

Hey Caz, what's Aiden done?

Aiden

thanks all for the advice and help
i am reading stuff and working out what are good names to buy and what to do with the ones i have, i can build websites and might try and think of a website to f the names..

Are any of these names good for the adsence stuff? i tried one but sucks:)
thanks so so much joe

Good luck with your list I think mathis is your best bet for something sensible for what it's worth.

Very few of those have any hope even as one in a thousand chance brandables.

Indeed - one in a million more like

Good 'brandables' have at least some 'catchy/smart/clever' association (none of those have - but, then again what do I know ?) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom