Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How to catch a .co.uk

Discussion in 'Drop catching Domain Names' started by Sambo, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sambo

Sambo New Member

So, I am completely new to this catching thing. I have a .co.uk name that I want to get and the expiry date has passed without it being renewed. How do I know when I can get it and where do I get it from?

I've seen comments on other threads about watching the names drop - where and how!?

Sorry for my ignorance but I have no experience in this whole area.

2. aqls

aqls Well-Known Member

It is a cutthroat business where lots of experienced programmers have been honing their skills for years.

Every one of them will want your name if it is a good one, and chances are they will compete for it.

If you want to have a go then probably the best thing for you to do is to use dropcatcher.co.uk

You will have to pay some money that you won't get back but can use for other names if they fail to secure it for you.

It is not a good idea to post the name on any forum because that will alert other people to its availability.

Just about all the best name catchers visit this forum so you may be able to ask them nicely or get a deal for one or more of them to try and catch it for you.

If it is a trademark name and you own the trademark you may be able to get it back more easily.

If it has not dropped yet, you may have some joy by asking nominet to renew it for you. You will be charged for it.

You may also want to try the original registrar of course!

I am assuming it was your name.

Good luck

-aqls-

3. Barfly

Barfly Member

I don't know many people here or anyone at Dropcatcher so can say I am impartial.

I personally would not use Dropcatcher again. They have caught one name for me but most others are booked and the better ones are caught by other catchers. Save your £32 or whatever it is.

If you do decide to use Dropcatcher you can buy two domain credits off me for less than that as I want to get rid of them and you can't get your money back once you have paid. I would sell you two for £50 saving you £12.

Anyone else interested in the credits PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.