Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How to improve rankings in BING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In light of the recent Google updates I have seen a number of dicussions on various forums includng this one and lots of people are very upset. Personally, my rankings weren't hit too badly so i'm not one of them but i can imagine how it feels to work so hard at making your site successful only for it to be removed by Google for no apparent reason. I can see how some people are making the mistake of thinking it's a personal attack, I don't subscribe to that theory.

With this in mind i wondered if anyone has some real and worthwhile suggestions on how to improve my ranking in BING? My sites just do not appear in BING's results anywhere near the top whilst my competitors are enjoying first and second page results! A little frustrating because if i'm right, Yahoo & BING both share the same results so my site doesn't come up in Yahoo either.

I'm not aware of doing anything wrong so maybe there's a different approach or technique I can apply to improve things?

Whilst I'm hoping to benefit from any discussion I can spark off surrounding this subject, I think it'd be worthwhile for others too!

Yahoo and Bing actually display very different results. Not sure if that will continue to stay the same, but at the moment it's the case.

Bing loves EMDs a lot. If you want to rank well, that's the secret.

Bing is also extremely slow at indexing sites, so if you haven't directly submitted your URL and/or your site is less than six months old, you'll be lucky to show up at all.

Other than that there's nothing special - good on-page, quality backlinks, the usual. I don't target Bing so there's probably some things I've ignored.

Thanks!! Easy when you know! Poor practice from Yahoo & BING in my opinion then because anyone can buy an exact match domain! Building a brand is a lot harder and a lot more rewarding in the end. I guess they'll tighten this rule in the future.

Thanks!! Easy when you know! Poor practice from Yahoo & BING in my opinion then because anyone can buy an exact match domain! Building a brand is a lot harder and a lot more rewarding in the end. I guess they'll tighten this rule in the future.

Their algorithms just aren't as advanced as Google's...a lot of the stuff that worked in Google 5-6 years ago is where Bing is at now. Yahoo is slightly better, but is advancing slower, and maybe not at all now.

I was at a conference on Friday and attended a talk by Dave Coplin (Director of Search, UK at Bing). He confirmed that they have teamed up with Facebook (old news) and are really pushing for friend-recommended content. Therefore, if your target users like you FB page or share your content then chances are this will improve your position in Bing when they search for related terms. I'm hoping to meet with him next week so have plenty of questions ready.

I was at a conference on Friday and attended a talk by Dave Coplin (Director of Search, UK at Bing). He confirmed that they have teamed up with Facebook (old news) and are really pushing for friend-recommended content. Therefore, if your target users like you FB page or share your content then chances are this will improve your position in Bing when they search for related terms. I'm hoping to meet with him next week so have plenty of questions ready.

How awful.

My watch movies mini site ranks pretty well in Bing and I've never had the fainted idea why. Whenever I've actively tried to get sites ranked in Bing though, I've failed. Google tens to bring much more traffic to sites anyway, so I think it puts people off even trying to rank elsewhere.

I also started to wonder if we boycott Google can you generate enough traffic elsewhere?

I've started getting emails asking me to remove some links from some of my sites, citing Google as the reason and giving me a deadline to do it. I heard some people are threatening legal action if you don't remove.

What a mess

Admin

Last edited:
I also started to wonder if we boycott Google can you generate enough traffic elsewhere?

I've started getting emails asking me to remove some links from some of my sites, citing Google as the reason and giving me a deadline to do it. I heard some people are threatening legal action if you don't remove.

What a mess

Admin

I definitely feel that there is discontent amongst many webmasters, which could lead to them eventually trying to aim their SEO efforts at other search engines. Without regular google visitors movie from google too though, I don't know how successful that strategy will be. Maybe if facebook end up joining the search market it'll fragment more and lead to new opportunities for those in the right place at the right time?

Webmasters can do however they please but the main thing is the habit of the searcher. Google have dominated search for a long time so it's going to take a momentus change to make people use a different search engine. Nearly everyone I know has Google UK as their web browser default when opening! What can a competitor offer that Google doesn't? I know MSN are trying to be news/weather etc which could potentially give you a reason to start using them but i'm afraid in my opinion Google have a dominance that's going to be hard to break so beware if your strategy is to boycott them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom