Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

HugeSale co uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by stevef1fan, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevef1fan United Kingdom

stevef1fan Well-Known Member

Just regged this name.

I was thinking it would be great for a versatile site featuring loads of the best offers from around the net.

Any thoughts on this one ?

Cheers,

Steve.

2. dazmallett

dazmallett Active Member

I love it.. quite generic but a great dev opportunity for affiliates!

I have no idea of value tho!

cheers
    darren

3. virtualwords

virtualwords Active Member

Yes I like it lots to.

Not sure on value but I would think that you would not have to many problems selling it.

You must have a huge portfolio now, what are you going to do with them all ?

I have stopped buying them now and started to develop them to try and get some revenue from them.

Good luck with it

Gav

4. stevef1fan United Kingdom

Thanks Gav,

Yes, I'm pleased with this one. I suspect it may have quite alot of scope, because it shouts value.

The portfolio is certainly coming together. I'm gradually working on development skills.

I think I spent a long time playing about with dreamweaver, fireworks and photoshop, which certainly helped me get a grasp of css and basic design.

However, reading on here, it seems it's perhaps better just to put something together quite quickly using joomla templates, for example - so that's what I'm going to look to do with some of these names.

Is that how you are going about developing your sites ? Have you put any together yet ? If so, have you found it all fairly straightforward ?

Thanks also for your thoughts too Darren. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  5. stevef1fan United Kingdom

Just had a look at your teltheworld site Gav - great idea. Very intuitive !

Steve.

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I've been adding sales pages to one of my sites, e.g. the Bhs Summer Sale page. People are more cost conscious than ever, so attempting to leverage sales traffic may be a good idea, and your domain may be of interest to some affiliates. The best thing about the domain is it's brandable and conveys value.

Rgds

7. stevef1fan United Kingdom

Yes, value certainly seems to be the order of the day - that and face masks !

Again, I was looking to emulate your great LowPrices name - I think that name is just awesome by the way !

Cheers then,

Steve.

8. virtualwords

Thanks for your kind comments on my teltheworld.co.uk site. It took me around 2 weeks to build in all my spare time.

It is already getting a nice amount of traffic and only really been live properley just over a week.

It has also been aproved to be added to the official telnic website in the directories section, so this should increase the traffic by even more.

I also have put together a few other websites such as -

littlegems-jewellery.co.uk ( My Main Business )

essential-software ( friends website I built not finished yet waitng for photos. This took just a afternoon as it is really basic )

I have got most of mine paked at Whypark and a few at myaffsite but don't really make anything from any of them so will gradually make them into sites or even sell a few.

I must be honest I am concentrating more on developing my .tel domains at the moment as I really like them, and I believe I can make more money from them than on any of my other domains.

Glad your are getting a nice portfolio and look forward to seeing some of you developed sites.

Regards

Gav

9. dazmallett

dazmallett Active Member

teltheworld.co.uk

Hi Gav, I have had a look at teltheworld.co.uk and think it is a great site.... this could be a future player in the way we all communicate. I like this!!

you said this site is already generating traffic... have you managed to generate an income from this venture??

I am looking to turn some of the domains I own into generating and income with a view to doing it full time. I would appreciate any advice you can give.

regards
    darren

10. stevef1fan United Kingdom

Interesting stuff Gav.

All the best with teltheworld.co.uk - just think that's a really great idea. If that takes off you could be laughing. Shame you don't also have telltheworld for the redirect, when people mispell your domain - great idea though, loads of potential I think.

Good luck with it.

Steve.

11. virtualwords

Hi Darren.

Thanks for your comments I really apprciate them.
    Hi Darren

The site is really new and as mentioned in the last post only really been live for a week.

The site is already picking up traffic, but I have not earnt any money from it yet as all listings are 100% free. And at present until it becomes really busy I would not expect anyone to want to pay for a featured banner.

You may have seen my banners down the side gretnagreen.tel and ukcabs.tel.

I have just finished developing gretnagreen.tel and within one day have already had a paid business listing.:D

I am in the process of developing ukcabs.tel at the minute and have huge plans for this as well. This is a lot bigger project however.

I have designed quite nice forms so that people can add there business listings to my .tel directories through my website which makes it very straight forward for the customers and also secure payments, you really need to do this as .tel domains do not support any of this.

Here are the links to the forms I have created

UKCABS

Gretna Green

Not only does it offer simplicity for the customers it also drives more people to teltheworld.co.uk which is where my heart lays at the moment.

I am really excited about teltheworld and also my .tel directories. I have got some really good ones and hope that all the work will pay off in the end not only for my directory but also my .tel domains.

Steve I also wish I had telltheworld.co.uk to direct but that has long gone.

Thanks again guys

Gav

PS. Sorry about this on your thread Steve.

12. stevef1fan United Kingdom

Not at all Gav. Really interesting reading. In an unashamed attempt to hijack my own thread I'd just say you've 'Pioneered' (Pioneered.co.uk is available for any reasonabe offer - PM me :D ) a great niche there !

All the very best with it. I think Teltheworld is just such a neat idea !

Cheers,

Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.