Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Indexing in Bing and Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm working with an aged site that is indexing relatively well in Google, but doing very poorly in Yahoo and Bing. There are currently 150,000 pages in Google, 6,000 in Bing and 2,900 in Yahoo. The sitemap contains approximately 600,000 individual pages. I can't give away site details at this time, but does anyone have any possible suggestions as to why Yahoo and Bing are not indexing the pages?

I logged into Bing webmaster tools and found the Sitemap Index is still pending, despite being submitted about 6 months ago. Any suggestions as to why this may be? It may simply be a case of having to wait for Bing and it will happen in due course, but 6 months is a long time and Google took the Sitemaps with no issues.

I'd possibly resubmit the sitemap and see if it's processed after doing so.

I'm having the exact same problem. Sites that get listed in SERPs on Google do not appear in good positions in Yahoo or BING yet our competitors don't seem to have the same problem!

There must be a different technique to be listed in BING that I do not know!!

Bing is insanely slow. I also believe it's poorer at finding/crawling pages than Google.

Link building will help, but obviously it's a big ask when you're working with that many pages. I would build links to the most important/top level/menu pages (depending on site structure) and hopefully that will trigger other pages being indexed as well.

You should have no problems ranking in Bing by building good quality backlinks and/or having an exact match domain - it's not much more advanced than that really.

I'd possibly resubmit the sitemap and see if it's processed after doing so.

I resubmitted the Sitemap this morning so may hopefully help.

Link building will help, but obviously it's a big ask when you're working with that many pages. I would build links to the most important/top level/menu pages (depending on site structure) and hopefully that will trigger other pages being indexed as well.

You should have no problems ranking in Bing by building good quality backlinks and/or having an exact match domain - it's not much more advanced than that really.

I will see what I can do regarding cultivating links etc, but the site does already have thousands of incoming links so not sure if it would greatly help. Thanks for the suggestions thought, it sounds like it's more on Bing than anything I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom