Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Insurance Domain

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Jaffaman, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaffaman United Kingdom

Jaffaman Active Member

What is FastCover.com worth when applied to the Insurance market?

It was registered in 2001, about 5 years before SwiftCover.com was, and their ads are on the TV every day, featuring Iggy Pop and his lookalke puppet.

2. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

I like the name and could be worth a few k, I'd make a decent for it if it was .co.uk. Unfortunately don't deal in .com's so not sure what it is worth in that.

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

This is a typical brandable domain. It could potentially be sold for a healthy amount if a company decided that's what they wanted to call themselves, but you have to wait until that happens. You could try some speculative active marketing in the meantime to increase chances of a sale. If you want a near term sale you'd have to sell it at reseller prices and let someone else take the risk.

Rgds

4. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

personally find it too similar to swiftcover/co/uk ,so big companies wouldn't want to spend a fortune on marketing that would lose traffic to a similar sounding domain....but still, it's worth a few quid

5. JMOT

JMOT Active Member

as a brandable .com i reakon you could shift it for a min $5k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.