Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is BOTW worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After looking at the charges it's worth asking other people's advice...Is Best of the Web worth the charges?

Annually Recurring Charge - US $149.95
One-Time Only Charge - US $299.95

I have noticed our competitors are listed, so they obviously saw some value but are they just doing it because everyone else is!!

Thanks in advance

Roy

I don't think it's worth it.

Also I wouldn't assume that just because they are there they know about it or paid to be there.

There's a .co.uk BOTW too, and some of ther pages have pretty low PR. Not as though that's the be all and end all, but I would want to know exactly what page my link was going to end up, and I don't think that kind of guarantee is given. It seems a touch too expensive to me.

Edit: the sponsored category option does sound interesting, so I 'might' give that a go with my funny pictures site. Will let you know.

Last edited:
You can actually sponsor a category for $30/month (free for first month) and often get better placements on higher PR/hierarchy pages.

This can be done on the US one and the UK one for different links

I tried free for a month and saw nothing that justifies the fee.

Annually Recurring Charge - US $149.95
One-Time Only Charge - US $299.95

They offered 50% off on Monday the 28th of Nov this year (cyber Monday) and regularly offer discount codes of 10% to 20% off.

Yes it helps. Everying helps. Buy it and forget about it.

That is actually a good question to raise but complex to answer at the same time. The fact is that BOTW is one of the oldest directories and a high PR portal which can be considered as a good link source but having a single link on its category page will be enough to guarantee a top placement for your site? Is that link enough to find your site listed on front page of Google for your selected, targeted keyword? If you have cash, you may consider to purchase the yearly listing which could be worth it.

Many companies and top sites are found listed on the directory and since the pages titles and descriptions would match the keywords in most cases and there are lots of sections, one will suit a site, so the links gained would be strong one-way votes. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to persuade yourself whether or not some links are worth buying though, even when you have a lot of cash in your pockets. I would say if nearly all of your competitors' sites are there, listing yours would be a smart move.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to add my site there soon and will judge the results and try and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom