Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

ITForums.co.uk - What shall I do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I think this is quite a nice name, but I don't have the resources to start a forum on it myself.

Does anyone think it would be worth building a site that linked to other IT forums, i.e. a page of links to the best forums to get IT advice from. Has anyone generated reasonable revenue from sites like this?

Thanks

Hi Guys

I think this is quite a nice name, but I don't have the resources to start a forum on it myself.

Does anyone think it would be worth building a site that linked to other IT forums, i.e. a page of links to the best forums to get IT advice from. Has anyone generated reasonable revenue from sites like this?

Thanks

You could say the IT people should be able to find the forums they need without a link site ..?

If your trying to make revenue from affiliate/PPC etc sometimes “knowledgeable” people the naturally associated (Often the higher paying) affiliates etc don’t work with the core name e.g. Someone in IT would be unlikely buy a PC from the likes of PC World, Curry’s Comet etc they tend to go for cheaper companies who don’t often do affiliate/PPC etc (They have the stack em high sell them cheap ethos...) to me it would be a non starter...

I suppose I'm just thinking that creating a links site would be a quick way to put something on the site. Revenue wouldn't be great, but it would have the added benefit of increasing the domain's profile if I wanted to sell it.

Out of interest, what are people's favourite forums for IT related issues? Personally I like the overclockers.co.uk forums.

Rgds

Neowin.net is another large related forum.

Not a fan of the domain myself, but I think if it's going to have use anywhere you would need to target those which are more inexperienced with IT (perhaps school pupils?)

I've got itforum.co.uk

had a BB on it 5 years back. Lots of work keeping it upto date, and you get alot of spammers joining also which you need to keep ontop of. Need help moderating it really, but saw the long term potential.

Good Luck !

I can imagine the effort involved in running a forum. I'm sure you could get traffic to the forum, but it's one of those subjects where you need to totally commit to it, and sell advertising directly to make it work.

I quite like the idea of a site linking to other forums, that's probably what I will end up doing with this name, unless someone wants to buy it off me in the meantime.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom