Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I've been ripped off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You would think that someone who had the funds to buy decent domains like Savingenergy.com could pay for there own design!

Take a look and then look at www.pregnancy.co.uk :-(

The only reason I found it was that he had even left my Adsense code on the site when he ripped it and it was reported as a non allowed site in my Adsense control panel.

Not really bothered, just think it's a bit out of order! Anyone know this Darren Emery from Tempest Media??

Scott

That really is a crappy thing to do. I can't see any reason how someone could justify ripping off a design - also tempest media say they are graphic/web designers. Even if you are impressed with someone else's site you shouldn't just go copying it! And you can't even make the money from adsense either ;)

Not very nice at all,

Even cheeky enough to include a copyright mark :s

"Saving Energy © 2011, Developed and Maintained by Tempest Media Limited. "

Even if you are impressed with someone else's site you shouldn't just go copying it!

Well, it's no consolation, but Scott's sites do have a nice clean look about them, wrong as it is, you can see why it happens. Well written sites are always the easiest to rip.

I've been copied several times and usually find it via the massive spike in referrals from 99designs...

"i want a site like this"

So knob head designer in whereverland just rips the site.

Annoying.

scarjo_popcorn.gif

Any excuse to see Scarlett putting something in her mouth :)

What a cheek! :eek:

Have you looked in 'their' source code?

This has been left in from your site:

Code:
  <li><a href="#">Choosing babies sex?</a></li><li><a href="#">Pregnancy Symptoms</a></li>
  <li><a href="#">Lifestyle Changes</a></li>
  </ul>
  <ul>
  <li><a href="#">Baby Making 101</a></li>
  <li><a href="#">Suspecting a Problem</a></li>
  <li><a href="#">Ovulation Calculator</a></li>
  </ul>
  </div>
</li>
<li><a href="#">Saving Energy Gadgets</a>
	<div class="sub" style="left:300px;">
    <ul>
    <li><a href="#">First Trimester</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Second Trimester</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Third Trimester</a></li>
    </ul>
    <ul>
    <li><a href="#">Pregnancy Problems</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Twins & Triplets</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Do's And Don'ts</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>

Save plenty of screengrabs and full code dumps in case
they try and quietly change things - I wonder if it's worth a quick phone call to an IP lawyer?

Am I missing something

Sorry but this goes on everywhere and the costs to stop it are not worth the effort.

http://www.carhire.co.uk/car-hire/europe.htm

Belongs to James R on here who owns all the sports domains. Its a Copy of our old site. I know James and never even bothered mentioning what his designers did.

People copy us all the time and I am sure own designers copy and steal stuff all day.

Not even worth worrying about.

Doug

I'm not bothered at all to be honest, I'm not going to even bother to contact him. Life's too short to worry about it. Just thought it was a bit out of order to not even bother to change the Adsense code before making it live!

I don't mind people taking inspiration etc, this however is beyond that and is pretty rude - I have had the same thing happen lots to my design work.

However... what REALLY makes my blood boil...

Is that they SELL web design, honestly, 'what the fuck'...

http://www.tempestmedia.co.uk/index.php/web-design-a-development
http://www.gavick.com/products/templates/item/97-pixellove.html

How can they sell web design when they have to rip other peoples work, this is such a touchy subject for me. I make my living from this and EVERY day I have to fix work that so called 'web designers' do. Be it themes they have used for clients who paid for bespoke sites, or even that the client has been told they have ripped a site when it was their designer who did that.

Its disgusting.

On a lighter note: He ripped this before some awesome coder (joke) made a pretty drop down menu for you!

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Doug. It's very widespread and not really worth dedicating time or money to doing anything about it. It is a bit odd that a webdesign company would do it though. You'd think if anyone would actually want to design a website, it'd surely be a web design company...

even leaving the babynames/co/uk tab to the right :eek:
savingenergy.com/

twats

I tend to agree with Doug. It's very widespread and not really worth dedicating time or money to doing anything about it. It is a bit odd that a webdesign company would do it though. You'd think if anyone would actually want to design a website, it'd surely be a web design company...

have look at top of their page
says 'domain for sale' in red

they prob just want a quick way to rank high for term without doing anyw work
and sell domain by getting eyeballs for the term
(pretty stupid)
it may or may not stay looking like this for some time
if they are like most developers they have dozens of half finished sites open at any one time and as selling domain i bet this one stays like this for ages before tidied up as they want to sell domain and not develop a meaningful site by the looks
plus anyone can call themselves a 'web design company'
costs £20 at companies house and no qualifications

one thing for certain they are caught redhanded

Have they been daft enough to leave any code that you can use you verify within Google, so you can delete their site from the index?

Drop a quick email to their host's abuse department. The host is liable if they don't remove copyrighted material.

Drop a quick email to their host's abuse department. The host is liable if they don't remove copyrighted material.

Not done it myself, but my brother has done it several times and I can confirm it does work. Well worth trying as takes little effort on your part and gets the site suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom