Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I've moved to Asia for 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great info there. Thanks, Admin.

Just to add (for people who've not headed out there before) that you shouldn't think of "Asia" (in the Far East sense of the word) as a monolithic place - every country and region has its own very distinct, very different character.

Take Japan...

From a tech perspective, for example, if you visit Tokyo you'll see people watching uninterrupted TV on the underground even in the tunnels on their smartphones - or on bullet trains at 300km/h - and you'd have to go to South Korea to find faster domestic internet connectivity.

On the other hand, you'll also see insane numbers of people (especially if you go to popular central districts like Shibuya, Shinjuku, Roppongi etc.) and you will also get stared at from time to time.

Food-wise, there's every cuisine you can possibly imagine (Tokyo has more Michelin starred restaurants than France does).

And Akihabara at night is out of this world. Think a clean, tidy version of "Bladerunner" :)

Far too many people in China/Japan for me. Not my idea of fun.
I hate queuing for anything and I hate very busy places.

Been to London once. 15yrs ago. Hated it.
Underground was just a nightmare. "Survival of the fittest" and that was not even at rush hour.

I always got the impression if you keeled over, people would just step over you and continue on their way.

Same with flying, what a dreadful experience. You are treated no better than cattle. All herded in to little lines, queuing up to get in to the airport and then all over again when it's time to get on the plane and then you have the same lovely experience at the other end if you are flying outwith Europe. I put up with it because I want to go somewhere sunny with the family but I detest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom