Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Learn how SitePlug monetises branded domain typos and generates 3x revenue for domain owners.

Is a branded typo a typo where a company could take out a UDRP or DRS against you for owning? Please give us a couple of examples. A typo of a brand (eg goggle) will only have traffic as you are trading off the company's name and they can easily take it off you so I'm assuming you mean something else?

Last edited:
Is a branded typo a typo where a company could take out a UDRP or DRS against you for owning? Please give us a couple of examples. A typo of a brand (eg goggle) will only have traffic as you are trading off the company's name and they can easily take it off you so I'm assuming you mean something else?
Yes it is a domain where the company could file a UDRP.

For example, Brand: Adidas

If you own the domain Adicas.com or adisas.com - these could be considered as typos.

These could be liable for UDRP, however that's here SitePlug comes in. We work with 1500+ top brands like Amazon, Microsoft, Norton, Ancestry, Booking.com, Qatar Airways, Emirates, Adidas, Hertz, Lidl etc. where we first get into agreements with the brands regarding monetising their typo domains. Only once the brand approves typo traffic do we look for domainers who have those typos and then monetise them. The brand hands us a special budget to monetise these names and that's how we are able to reward you handsomely too.

As for SitePlug, we boast of a Zero UDRP liability as none of our domainers have had a UDRP filed for their domains.

Do you have an agreement with the brands that they will not pursue the registrants legally (drs/wipo etc) by using the traffic data as evidence of confusion?

Do you have an agreement with the brands that they will not pursue the registrants legally (drs/wipo etc) by using the traffic data as evidence of confusion?
Yes, we do. An explicit agreement is signed and only then is traffic sent their way.

Interesting. Surprising that they would voluntarily curtail their ability to come after cybersquatters in return for what must be a tiny percentage of extra traffic (which they would have to pay for). Sounds a step in the right direction though, better than the corporate bullying and reverse domain hijacking that used to be quite common.

You're really absolutely nothing to do with them (they closed down a couple of years ago). No connection, no overlap in staff or expertise? :)

Good morning, long time no see (great to see you back). The company I was reffering to are strong as before and running, and also Silver ICA members (more information to be able to locate them). I understand that there are only 2 main players covering this particular niche (offering these services to other parties).

Anyways, nice seeing you back :) How are the Acorn loading times at your side of the world?

How's the Nordic Domain Days for you? Any good leads?

Great day Jonathan!
Helmuts

p.s. you might wish to upload a logo ;)
Great conference Helmuts. Some good conversations and exciting new leads.

Thanks for pointing out the missing logo.

You're really absolutely nothing to do with them (they closed down a couple of years ago). No connection, no overlap in staff or expertise? :)
Nothing to do with that company. No overlaps. It's our in-house expertise and product. Totally proprietary.

There are some brands which use generics and would be unlikely to win a dispute to take away perceived typos at arbitration. Exemple: a typo of the word “hotels” is a typo of a generic word that I suggest most of us understand the ordinary definition of. Making use of a typo of that as part of a registered domain name to direct internet visitors to hotel related content, whether that be an affiliation of hotels.com or an alternative, would not be considered cause to find abuse because the term is the generic word for the content. It would be typo dependent. Adding “Expedia” into it would likely be abusive.
Correct. I'd just like to add that 'Hotels.com' as a brand is live with us. We have explicit approvals from Expedia Group for 'Hotels.com,' although not for all geographies yet.

Jonathan, could you share what is your process when someone tries parking a TM domain with siteplug, and you don't have
Above post about PHP appears to be unrelated nonsense. Post before that also seems to reword what it quoted.

Tx for pointing out. Comment removed.

Jonathan, could you share what is your process when someone tries parking a TM domain with siteplug, and you don't have
@Helmuts I am assuming your are referring to the times when we do not have a particular brand on our roster?

Yes there are times when our domain owners have domains corresponding to brands that are not yet live with SitePlug, in such cases we also have an active Advertiser Sales Team that reaches out to those brands to have them approve typo traffic.

Once the brand approves typo traffic we can then take the corresponding domains live.

On a related note, our Ad Sales Team is also constantly liaising with brands to secure better payouts / deals.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom