Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

letter-letter Names Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK so I am off work and have time on my hands, I am flitting between developing a couple of names and doing research into domain name values.

I have been looking at recently sold names and researching them to try and get my head around where the value is in each, some are obvious but some I can only assume it's the brandability and the right buyer showing up!

If I look at letter-hyphen-letter eg (a-r.extension)names I am struggling too see the value other than a brand or is it a vanity thing? Would G see this as a 2 letter domain in which case expensive name or are they not very desirable?

I have tried too find sold L-L names on DN Sales but came up with nothing, are there any other sites where I can find sold prices?

Any thoughts on these names?

Aiden

Last edited:
just noticed that t-v.co.uk finished at £50 on DL so that probably answers the question.

I would have bid on t-v.co.uk had I remembered.

If b-d is available for a similar amount, then let me know! ;)

Last edited:
So we are talking between £50 and £100 which ones would be worth more and why?

So we are talking between £50 and £100 which ones would be worth more and why?

I think it follows a similar valuation structure as an LLL domain. There are certain letters which would devalue such as Q, X, Z, etc.

There will be some that won't sell on AD for under £50, because the demand is not great here. Many people can't see past the hyphen.

I think it follows a similar valuation structure as an LLL domain. There are certain letters which would devalue such as Q, X, Z, etc.

There will be some that won't sell on AD for under £50, because the demand is not great here. Many people can't see past the hyphen.

It's funny isn't it the hyphen debate, some people don't mind them in fact there are many brands on the tv using them, Google don't seem to have a problem with them, the Germans apparently love them and a double hyphen has just sold on DL.

Maybe one day they can give their non hyphen cousins a run for their money?

Aiden

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom