Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Link Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWM

Reaction score
This may seem like a dumb question but I'm not sure how I should be building links anymore. Post Penguin and Panda are we back to the days of emailing similar relevant sites asking for links where you're lucky to get one reply out of a thousand...or with everyone in the same boat now...are people more receptive to this type of approach? Link building is a ball ache but I dont want to buy links and I don't really want recips either. Not even sure I should be listing in directories anymore..

That about sums it up for me too!

I'm not building any links at the moment but know that without any some of my sites just won't rank.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

This isn't meant to be a plug for my service, but the real way to build backlinks (both before these Google changes and since) is to have your own network of sites, within your control, used specifically for link building.

They can be of mid to high quality, have auto or unique content and should be spread over multiple IPs.

This is the ONLY way I build links to sites (personal and client), and in reality, the only safe way with Google deeming itself the internet police...

SEO isn't just about links and they should come naturally, it's about increasing traffic and promotion. Think social, think PR. what would you do if there wasn't a Google?

If you think a link a link on a site that doesn't bring you new traffic is good then you are silly.

Im looking to build good quality relevant links not just any old crap. Fallen foul of that and things have changed dramatically now I know. There should be good natural linking but some link building too to help things along. No harm in approaching other sites I guess as long as the sites compliment each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom