Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Link Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all i have a website that i use for work it ranks in the top 3 for all the search terms i want it too, however my competition in the area has made a site up, totally c@ap just full of useless text on a blank page but it is ranking better than mine at the moment, i dont know how long it will stay there as google my move it soon but has just made me think i should perhaps start building some links to keep my site in place for the future.

Can anyone suggest howto build links i now there is always emailing web masters to ask if i can exchange links, but was just wondering if there is anything else i can do - i rang a website company and they said they`d charge £500 a month to build links(this to me is an absolute joke) any advice would be very greatful or if you can offer services please pm me with costs

Thanks

I would say to use a mixture of link building techniques - comment on relevant blogs, relevant forum postings, use social bookmarking/news/media sites such as mixx, digg, squidoo, write articles (eg ezines) which have links back to your site, directory listings, etc. I've also heard you should do press relseases but haven't yet tried these.

I would say to use a mixture of link building techniques - comment on relevant blogs, relevant forum postings, use social bookmarking/news/media sites such as mixx, digg, squidoo, write articles (eg ezines) which have links back to your site, directory listings, etc. I've also heard you should do press relseases but haven't yet tried these.

This is good advice from jj1. They key thing is relevance: although all links count something (well, just about... there are exceptions), links from relevant, respected sites are worth so much more than other links. So say you have a site listing business in a certain locale, try to get a link from the local chamber of commerce or similar organisation.

Oh, and unless I'm wrong it seems reciprocal links are becoming less and less important... search engines are getting wise to these types of arrangement.

Mike.

Providing it's a half decent site, feel free to PM me for a link exchange (applies to anyone else too). I have a wide variety of shopping sites available so I can often provide on target links.

Rgds

I always think reciprocal links are a bit of a waste of time since Google will surely cancel them out - I think that why a lot of people now prefer site A to link to site B, & in return will provide a link from site C to site A.

Link building however is very time consuming, labourious, and boring.

For finding relevant link partners you can use yahoo site search - type in the URL of all of the top 10 sites & find out who links to them, then approach those for links.

Or join a link market & work through every section asking PR4+'s to link to you, plus of course all relevant sites.

Or use the lazy mans method like me. It has cost me c.£25 per month for 2 months but I now have 25000+ links registering against one of my sites. I won't be paying for a 3rd month.

I'm still not sure how effective it really is, but saying that it is now bouncing between page 1 / top of page 2 for an insurance related org uk site - I'm sure you can work out which one it is :)

Hello all i have a website that i use for work it ranks in the top 3 for all the search terms i want it too, however my competition in the area has made a site up, totally c@ap just full of useless text on a blank page but it is ranking better than mine at the moment, i dont know how long it will stay there as google my move it soon but has just made me think i should perhaps start building some links to keep my site in place for the future.

I don't mean to be rude, please see this as the constructive criticism that it is. If a site is as I've bolded above is ranking above you, then it suggests to me your own site is of pretty poor quality. There is no way someone should be able to do what you've described and outrank any half decent site.

I just made a post here that maybe will help you.

If you are looking to buy links and are in a niche related to health, fitness or travel I've got a lot of spare sites I could sell you links on for reasonable prices. In health alone I've got 20+ sites that are pagerank 3 that I would be willing to sell on.

Add your website to good quality and related online directories

Can anyone suggest howto build links i now there is always emailing web masters to ask if i can exchange links, but was just wondering if there is anything else i can do - i rang a website company and they said they`d charge £500 a month to build links(this to me is an absolute joke) any advice would be very greatful or if you can offer services please pm me with costs

Thanks

For a start you can add you link in your forum signature.

Submit a few articles to ezines and other article directories, comment on relevant dofollow blogs, signature links on relevant forums, social bookmarking/news sites such as digg mixx propeller reddit oyax, maybe a squidoo lens or two, directory listings ....

Submit a few articles to ezines and other article directories, comment on relevant dofollow blogs, signature links on relevant forums, social bookmarking/news sites such as digg mixx propeller reddit oyax, maybe a squidoo lens or two, directory listings ....

Every single one of those methods is going to get you junk links only. If you go for low effort spammy links its not going to be long before a competitor comes along and eats your lunch. You need to be going for links that other people can't replicate with the exact same spammy methods as you.

Thanks everyone for your feed back, I have had a look on the yahoo site search and the site is only showing 25 inlinks and over half of them are from pages on the site.

I have links to the site that are not showing up on the yahoo search tho is there a reason for this?

I`m aware i will need a hell of a lot more links to my site but my job is something that doesnt really get discused on forums and after trying to add as many links as i can to other sites he ones left seem to be other companys doing the same as me (in the first few pages of google anyway).

thanks again for any other advice as i have gone from top of google for around 30 + search terms to mid table and work has gone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom