Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Logo decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bit late but 1, 8 and 11

Of the screen shots 1 is the only one that really works, but 8 would with colour change.

Do you mind me asking where you got them done and how much they cost?

99Designs, they have packages $299/$499/$799 - this was $499 and I'm not too happy with the range of submissions - they have money back guarantee.

I have to choose the top few designers from those who submitted, then it goes to the next round where they all compete. If I can't choose a design then I get a refund (I think I already paid)

Ebay? very similar colours but in a different order.

No - somewhere else, with the script...

a bit late but 1, 8 and 11

Of the screen shots 1 is the only one that really works, but 8 would with colour change.

It's hard to see the logos in the layout if there are colour issues, even if they can be changed.

I think the fact that I keep changing my mind about the ones I like and don't like, means that I haven't found the perfect design yet :(

99Designs, they have packages $299/$499/$799 - this was $499 and I'm not too happy with the range of submissions - they have money back guarantee.

I have to choose the top few designers from those who submitted, then it goes to the next round where they all compete. If I can't choose a design then I get a refund (I think I already paid)

I used to like 99designs, but they were a fair bit cheaper when I used them last.

I'm starting to think you're getting the worst of all worlds if you use them now. You can't really expect any good designers to enter (or if they to, you can't expect any effort) since they have a 1 in 20 chance of getting paid (or whatever it is).

So these guys need to account for all the failed jobs to win one... you're effectively paying them all and then getting one rushed logo for your money. Would it not now make more sense to either spend the full $499 on one great designer with an impressive portfolio, and get one really high end logo that you loved, or spend $5-10 x 10 on Fivver and get a bunch of average ones at 10% of the price ? 99designs now seems to leave you paying Armani money, and getting George as Asda quality :lol:

I used to like 99designs, but they were a fair bit cheaper when I used them last.

I'm starting to think you're getting the worst of all worlds if you use them now. You can't really expect any good designers to enter (or if they to, you can't expect any effort) since they have a 1 in 20 chance of getting paid (or whatever it is).

So these guys need to account for all the failed jobs to win one... you're effectively paying them all and then getting one rushed logo for your money. Would it not now make more sense to either spend the full $499 on one great designer with an impressive portfolio, and get one really high end logo that you loved, or spend $5-10 x 10 on Fivver and get a bunch of average ones at 10% of the price ? 99designs now seems to leave you paying Armani money, and getting George as Asda quality :lol:

I'm still trying to make my mind up about their service too. I used it last time and had lots of submissions mostly quality. This time the quality was no where near last time. And I'm not completely satisfied with the designs I posted here (so might get the guaranteed refund before sending it to the final round (at which point I cannot get a refund).

It's a shame because a lot of people put a great deal of effort into the logos they submitted - but I just didn't got to one I liked enough... I'll sleep on it.

Overall the concept of 99Designs is a good one, but maybe the $799 deal is the only way to guarantee quality designs (who knows?). I was happy to pay $500 if it got me to a design that I liked enough in a short timeframe..

One issue that happened last time is that the design I liked 2nd best, was a rip off from a $29 logo here.

Thanks again for input everyone.

This was basically the first one I clicked on... https://www.fiverr.com/mniluka/desi..._type=rating&funnel=2014111201192987817453860

I'd rather just give him $20 and be done with it.

I've never really got a half decent logo from Fiverr in the past. I might try again but there's a difference between a professionally designed logo and something someone threw together.

Even though the logos I've shown aren't amazing for the brief, generally they stick to the laws of design (typeface, spacing, contrast, gradient, etc.).

Some problems I'd rather throw money at and be done, I thought that's what I'd be doing with these logos, but in a way the more designs they show the harder it is to pick. I think that's one of the big arguments by designers about 99Designs... when clients are shown too may paths, they can never be happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts