Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Lyons report finally published!

Yet again, I'll raise the report and the response with my MP. I think we all should do the same. Lets see nominets shenanigans when the government see's that overflowing pot of cash. I would sooner he government pissed it away than how it is now.

There are no tricks. I've directly replied to posts in this thread so no derailment, not that there has ever any deliberate intention by me to derail. I'm happy for those I've responded to, and anyone else, to email me privately if they prefer but that shouldn't preclude me from reasoned debating on a forum.

Fancy responding to the specific concerns posted on the Nominet member forum with your opinions there too? Or are those too specific for you?

"Fancy responding to the specific concerns posted on the Nominet member forum with your opinions there too?"

Not anytime soon, cos it will have to be checked with the legal department first and they have probably got some other commercial things to deal with.

"Or are those too specific for you?"

Again... will need to be run past Nom legal team.

"Fancy responding to the specific concerns posted on the Nominet member forum with your opinions there too?"

Not anytime soon, cos it will have to be checked with the legal department first and they have probably got some other commercial things to deal with.

Again... will need to be run past Nom legal team.

Huh? TinkyWinky = invincible ?

Jesus - I hope you are not inferring I have anything to do with Indefensible...?

I was thinking out loud as to why he hadn't responded to previous poster's questions... so probably didn't make it clear enough - following has been elaborated :

Invincible won't respond any time soon, as his 'opinions' will probably have to be checked with the legal department first and they have probably got some other commercial things to deal with.

Again... Invincible won't be able to as it will probably need to be run past Nom legal team.

Sorry but that's the way it seems - almost every time I see Invincible comments - they are very defensive and Nom-biased to the point at which they could simply be written by Nom Towers themselves...

Hope that calms any fears you may have had martin-s ;)

A long standing registrar that has looked on in dismay at Nominet and it's goings on since long before the .UK fiasco.

Nominet has for far far too long looked after it's own interests thanks to the structure of the membership - something that cannot be changed however hard the more rank and file membership try. This is clearly incredibly unhealthy and is now to the detriment of a huge number of domain owners with the split structure of the .uk/.co.uk as well as the huge %ge price hike where wasn't needed.

I have no personal beef with anyone, but as said, in my opinion (and it is only my opinion) I find an awful lot of your comments incredibly defensive where I think it's unnecessary to be so. That's not even to say your not right - but your manner seems to get an awful lot of backs up on this forum.

TW

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom