Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I received a really professional email today from someone calling themselves Mark Allen wanting to...wait for it....buy a domain...once an appraisal (yawn) had been done;

We are interested to buy your domain name X?X?X?.com and offer to buy it from you for 70% of the appraised market value.

As of now we accept appraisals from either one of the following leading appraisal companies:

macez.com
sedo.com

If you already have an appraisal please forward it to us.

As soon as we have received your appraisal we will send you our payment (we use paypal for amounts less than $2,000 and escrow.com for amounts above $2,000) as well as further instructions on how to complete the transfer of the domain name.

We appreciate your business,

Yours truly,

Mark Allen

Now, he must rate Macez as he puts them above Sedo (Im saying nothing), but there is very little info available about Macez...and if they were a leading company surely I would've heard of them?! Maybe not as they seem to be from Malaysia!

I may just email these market leaders back and tell them how it is....the domain has expired...I dont own it and anyone can reg it!

Anyways, me thinks me smells fish....

Now, he must rate Macez as he puts them above Sedo (Im saying nothing), but there is very little info available about Macez...and if they were a leading company surely I would've heard of them?! Maybe not as they seem to be from Malaysia!

Anyways, me thinks me smells fish....

I've had the same email recently and ignored it as a suspected con.

Macez.com isn't working for me as of this morning.

Definitely a con, similar emails have been doing the rounds for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom