Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Membership Update

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I want to inform you about changes to our forum's membership options. Rest assured, if you currently have a paid membership, it will not be cancelled until the end of your subscription period. Additionally, we're not decreasing any options for paid memberships; in fact, we're removing message limits and adding new features. However, please note that free members will no longer have access to signatures in the coming days.

Our membership types now include Free, Elite, and Corporate. We've designed these memberships to cater to the specific needs and preferences of our members while ensuring equal access to essential features like posting and messaging for everyone.

Free membership has all the necessary features for buying, selling, or discussing domain names, without requiring an upgrade.

If you have an established business and want to promote it through a custom signature, an Elite membership is for you. This membership lets you have a custom signature with up to three lines and three links, plus an Elite Member badge.

For companies looking to draw attention to their brand, we offer Corporate membership. This membership provides a custom signature for all your employees, a Corporate Member badge, and a Corporate Member Banner at the top of the forum's sidebar.

To explore upgrade options, please visit: https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/account/upgrades

We appreciate your understanding and support as we make these changes to better serve our community.

Thank you,
Felix

I thought you said the forum was not going to become like nampros etc.

Acorn supporter was £24pa with sig link and now is £270pa, please explain the new added value.

Last edited:
From a non-bias perspective as someone who already has a subscription, and doesn’t need another, I can say that the ROI at the current price points for either paid membership is practically non-existent. £270 a year to have a signature? 2 and half grand for a badge? Lol.

Am I missing something.

@Admin / @Helmuts I think you are being a bit over optimistic with this, especially as SIGs appear to not show when using a mobile device.

I used to be a paid member, but cancelled when it became obvious that the old owner wasn't at all interested in the site. I considered restarting it when you took over as a show of support, but decided I would wait for a bit as some unfriendly old faces appeared and I wanted to see how the dust settled. I'm sorry I would not be willing to pay £270 per year to support the site.

My Amazon Prime membership costs me £95 pear year. For that I get unlimited same/next day delivery, TV, Music, Games, Reading, Deliveroo Plus etc..

Sorry, but there is absolutely no value at that price.

From a non-bias perspective as someone who already has a subscription, and doesn’t need another, I can say that the ROI at the current price points for either paid membership is practically non-existent. £270 a year to have a signature? 2 and half grand for a badge? Lol.

Am I missing something.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to pm all 4 regular users with your advert, rather than pay £270?

I think I've seen everything I need to see on this forum tho.

Feedback request : is it possible we can tag posts twice? Why should I have to decide between dislike and funny for some of this?

SIGs appear to not show when using a mobile device

Thank you for pointing out this issue! Already fixed.

For all the other questions I'll answer tomorrow, it's been too long of a day :)

I thought you said the forum was not going to become like nampros etc.

Acorn supporter was £24pa with sig link and now is £270pa, please explain the new added value.
Can't recall that I said so, also don't see what our membership has to do with the Namepros.

There's no more Acorn Supporter membership. £270 is Elite membership. All members have equal features, except the signature option. No more messaging limits, own post-editing restrictions removed, create polls and vote on polls enabled for everyone, the option to add a picture/banner in a signature is enabled. In the background, we are working on SEO improvements and new partnerships, so your signature is not seen by yourself only.

Am I missing something.
Can't disagree, clearly, you are missing something.

@Admin / @Helmuts I think you are being a bit over optimistic with this, especially as SIGs appear to not show when using a mobile device.

I used to be a paid member, but cancelled when it became obvious that the old owner wasn't at all interested in the site. I considered restarting it when you took over as a show of support, but decided I would wait for a bit as some unfriendly old faces appeared and I wanted to see how the dust settled. I'm sorry I would not be willing to pay £270 per year to support the site.

My Amazon Prime membership costs me £95 pear year. For that I get unlimited same/next day delivery, TV, Music, Games, Reading, Deliveroo Plus etc..

Sorry, but there is absolutely no value at that price.

Thank you for your willingness to support the forum. It seems there's a small misunderstanding, we are not asking for support or donations. We provide an option to advertise your business and/or showcase your status to a laser-targeted domain industry audience.

Sorry, but I don't understand what your Amazon Prime have to do with your Acorn account... If I want a movie, I watch Netflix or Amazon Prime. If I want to advertise my stuff, I use Amazon Ads, Etsy Ads, or whatever platform I need. It's quite obvious.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to pm all 4 regular users with your advert, rather than pay £270?

I think I've seen everything I need to see on this forum tho.

Pushing your car would be cheaper than driving it. It all depends on your goal. If you want to be blocked by most of the members, you can give a try to your ingenious idea.

Thank you for your willingness to support the forum. It seems there's a small misunderstanding, we are not asking for support or donations. We provide an option to advertise your business and/or showcase your status to a laser-targeted domain industry audience.

Sorry, but I don't understand what your Amazon Prime have to do with your Acorn account... If I want a movie, I watch Netflix or Amazon Prime. If I want to advertise my stuff, I use Amazon Ads, Etsy Ads, or whatever platform I need. It's quite obvious.

My point is that the annual price for a Signature simply represents no value. But I guess you will only learn this once nobody takes up the option of paid membership?

To put it into perspective, I have been able to add a Signature for free since I joined, but have never bothered as couldn't see the point, so why would I now pay for it?

If I remember correctly, previous membership options included: hosting, droplist access and a couple of other things. £270 for a signature is going to be a hard sell.

My point is that the annual price for a Signature simply represents no value. But I guess you will only learn this once nobody takes up the option of paid membership?

To put it into perspective, I have been able to add a Signature for free since I joined, but have never bothered as couldn't see the point, so why would I now pay for it?

If I remember correctly, previous membership options included: hosting, droplist access and a couple of other things. £270 for a signature is going to be a hard sell.

I see your point but I don't understand how you calculate the value. If I going to advertise my stuff, let's say on Amazon Ads, I don't look for additional perks like a free t-shirt, a free bag of food for my pet, etc. I know what I want to achieve, so I pay for it.

If you see no value in advertising or in showing off your status, moreover if you never used a signature, why bother about this now?

So you'll be refunding all.the paid memberships for the last few weeks?

I only started using acorn again as I saw a post where you'd let the moderators go, so paid up and day or two later same moderators are back ffs

That's no offence to any moderators of course just liked the fresh new start that's since died a death.

It's like nothing has changed

Still it would be madness to continue to let the tail wag the dog as it has done for so many years, it's your forum and you can do what you want to, do what you want to, do what you want to

Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

So you'll be refunding all.the paid memberships for the last few weeks?

Rest assured, if you currently have a paid membership, it will not be cancelled until the end of your subscription period.

Since you upgraded after the forum was acquired by Helmuts, if you agree, I can switch your account to Elite Membership (of course, without any additional fees).

I only started using acorn again as I saw a post where you'd let the moderators go

Could you please point to this post?

It's like nothing has changed

I assure you that a lot is already changed, and a lot will be changed in the coming weeks/months.

Thank you,
Felix

Since you upgraded after the forum was acquired by Helmuts, if you agree, I can switch your account to Elite Membership (of course, without any additional fees).

Could you please point to this post?

I assure you that a lot is already changed, and a lot will be changed in the coming weeks/months.

Thank you,
Felix

It was from this thread, I read it as you have two new moderators and you were thanking adam and paullas for their help in the past, reads different now, must have been wishful thinking on my part :D

Don't worry Felix I wasn't after a refund or upgrade.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom