Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Mildenhall.org.uk

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by virtualwords, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtualwords

virtualwords Active Member

Hi Guys

Just finished the core part of my website www.mildenhall.org.uk.

It's been a project I have wanted to do for some time, I like to build sites in my spare time.

I have been working on this in all my spare time for the last couple of weeks, and Im almost there, just got to start adding content now which will be done on a daily basis.

Now going to start the marketing of the site to all local businesses and shops.

Hope you like it

Regards

Gav

2. RSK3000 United Kingdom

RSK3000 Active Member

Your site is progressing well. Bear in mind that you will have your best chance of getting advertisers if you rank well in Google. One problem is you appear to have used content from Wikipedia, which will do you no good for SEO.

Also the home page looks a bit 'busy' - overwhelming choice of things to click on. Lots of great examples of profitable geodomains out there - just ask if you want some links to the best.

• Like Like x 1
  3. virtualwords

Hi RSK300

Many Thanks for taking the time to look at my website and for your constructive comments.

Yes I have used to pages form wikipedia which is the about Mildenhall and Raf Mildenhall, the others are all from oter variuos sites.

These are the only two I plan to use from there and thats because it would be very difficult to come up with other contect especially ( Raf Mildenhall Ranks ect )

I have purposeley designed the homepage like that so that people can click directly into what they need to find really quickly without having to look through lots of menus, I have tried to make the site so that anyone should be able to find exactly what they are looking for with just 2 clicks, hence the two menus each side once into the main site.

I have looked at lots of other geo sites and tried to take ideas from lots and add a combination of them into my site.

i still have changes and updates to make and this is my first geo site and I have had lots of fun.

Thanks so much again for taking the time out and I will definateley take your views on board.

Feedback Left

Regards

Gav

4. vizzo United Kingdom

vizzo Active Member

Nice in many respects.
    I agree that the homepage looks busy though i understand your rationale.

Somehow i prefer a site that has some more dominant bits and others that are less so. My eyes are wandering around the page looking for something to focus on.

5. virtualwords

Thanks for your comments.

It's nice to get a variety of feedback form lots of people, this helps with future projects.

Kind Regards

Gav

6. ddwebguru

ddwebguru Active Member

This site looks good as far as the design of the site is concerned but there is enough room for improvement. You should design a good logo for your website and if possible try to use some flash banner to make it more attractive and alluring.

7. virtualwords

Hi

Thanks for your comments.

I have really enjoyed this Mildenhall project and have loads more ideas to make it a massive success :D

Yes I agree about the logo it could be better and will have to jazz it up a bit.

If anyone fancy designing one for me in return for free banner exposure on my site please let me know.

Banner must be 1000 pixels wide to suit my site

Kind Regards

Gav

8. virtualwords

Hi ddwebguru

Many thanks for your comments.

I am still adding new content daily and definatkey will be adding banners ect to suit each of the catgoiries.

As for the logo this is really my down side as im no good at building them.

Would you be interested in designing a banner for me ( must be 1000mm and no more than 120mm high ) in return for some free advertising space on my site.

I am going to be spending lots of money promoting the site which will include all sorts of marketing as well as over 10,000 leaflets to peoples door withi the town.

Please let me know if you are interested

Kind Regards

Gav

9. virtualwords

Just updated the look and feel of my mildenhall site.

The homepage still has a few banners to add in for events ect, but it is getting there.

Comments Welcome

Regards

Gav

10. vizzo United Kingdom

vizzo Active Member

I'm liking that homepge much more

• Like Like x 1
  11. virtualwords

Cheers vizzo

Yes it is definatley getting there now :D

Still have loads planned for it however