Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Minisite SEO help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have started to build out some of my portfolio with minisites. I have identified 30 of my domains that I think will have a chance of doing well without lots and lots of work.

Stage 1 was to get a single page of text on each domain.

Thats done now and I need to work on adding content and SEO on each of them.

I am looking for suggestions for where to get good quality inbound links from UK websites - not looking for link exchanges/ paid links.

Just a few for each site would do - any suggestions?

I'd strongly suggest dropping your Adsense - with the minimal amount of traffic you're likely to be getting they are more of a hindrance at the moment.

With the adsense removed pull in a graphic header that represents what you're promoting/talking about and in the place of the adsense include some generic graphics that relate to the product(s) you're promoting. If we're talking wind proof fleece show a man/women wearing such a product...

Next you need a navigation - if you're keeping it as a small minisite add 4-5 navigation elements that provide a unique 500+ word article on that given subject. Perhaps 'best wind proof fleece' - look at your keyword research and pick some top terms to write a targeted article on!

Use bold on specific keywords and phrases you're trying to target not entire chunks of content...

Get those done and I might say more. ;)

Springer - Thanks for your advice

Sabian -
I'd strongly suggest dropping your Adsense - with the minimal amount of traffic you're likely to be getting they are more of a hindrance at the moment.

I'm sure you are right, but I have heard this before and never understood why - whats the advantage?

Any suggestions about photos I can get/ use legally?

dreamstime dot com have stock photos starting at $1

Lots of free photos on www.sxc.hu too, quality of them does vary though but there's usually something suitable :)

I know this isn't what you asked - but here goes.
I would add some more pages. I have a theory that google likes sites better that have more than one page. Other people are more likely to link to you if you have more than one page.

You would be suprised with Google, they will rank a generic with just a 1 page containing an image on it, obviously use the right keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom