Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Monthly UK Domain Sale Reports

Reaction score
I decided to create a new thread to post UK Domain Sale Reports for a couple of reasons:
  1. As a UK domain forum, this is an ideal place to promote.
  2. Community discussion is always good.
  3. Feedback is aways appreciated, so if you would like anything added (or removed) from the reports, please post below.
Creating https://domainsaleshistory.uk in the first place was through general interest in .uk domains. The plan was always to champion and promote the UK namespace, and hopefully drive up the value based on historical data and statistics (pipe dream).

I'm happy with the progress of the platform, and decided to start writing monthly sales reports. I'd appreciate shares on social media where possible. :)

Thanks Chris, this is really interesting data. What mechanism is there for hearing from people about private sales and including them in your stats (such as the all-year tables, which are incredibly detailed)?

Obviously there can quite often be an agreement not to release sale prices of private sales, because it might weaken the flip/price bargaining for that domain afterwards.

I sold a .co.uk and .uk pair for $750 earlier this year, after an unsolicited approach via GoDaddy. I guess GoDaddy private sales are impossible to monitor unless they are individually reported.

I just register domains for my own use, unless I get bored with one, or someone offers me a silly price. But for commercial domainers, your site must be really interesting, the way it monitors and reports.

Your data is SUCH a useful insight into the secondary domain market. A lot of hard work!

I agree with you that bewell.uk seems a surprising price, considering there are plenty of similar names dropping each month, and available. I guess maybe it was a company already set up with that name. Who knows! Or the buyers had no real idea of prices, and the platform was able to get that price for the seller.

There is so much about domain sales which seems unpredictable. It will be interesting over time to see if .uk prices firm up as the public gets used to seeing more of them around. Also the general direction of all UK domain prices. Your website is really helpful.

Thanks Chris, this is really interesting data. What mechanism is there for hearing from people about private sales and including them in your stats (such as the all-year tables, which are incredibly detailed)?

I am currently in the process of building a public API which will allow me to simplify this kind of process.

I believe I now have the API functionality in place so I can build forms for user submitted domain sales. These forms will eventually be found on the app, the blog, and even in something like a chrome extension to remove obstacles and helping to simplify the user experience.

Obviously there can quite often be an agreement not to release sale prices of private sales, because it might weaken the flip/price bargaining for that domain afterwards.

I have heard of this argument before, but I don't personally see how a previous sale of the same domain would inhibit any future potential sale price. The price is defined by what both the buyer and seller are happy with.

I have had private messages in the past containing their private sales, but have asked not to share the details. I obviously respect these wishes and I always will do, but I personally think this is more damaging to the UK namespace as a whole.

I sold a .co.uk and .uk pair for $750 earlier this year, after an unsolicited approach via GoDaddy. I guess GoDaddy private sales are impossible to monitor unless they are individually reported.

As far as I'm aware GoDaddy don't publish sales info publicly? If you ever hear otherwise, do let me know and I will look at integrating the sales data into the app.

I just register domains for my own use, unless I get bored with one, or someone offers me a silly price. But for commercial domainers, your site must be really interesting, the way it monitors and reports.

Your data is SUCH a useful insight into the secondary domain market. A lot of hard work!

I genuinely hope it is useful. As I have mentioned before, I originally built it for me, and that stands true today. You won't believe how useful it has been for me to learn and grow as a developer. It's certainly a good portfolio piece on the CV - even if it is a bit geeky.

I agree with you that bewell.uk seems a surprising price, considering there are plenty of similar names dropping each month, and available. I guess maybe it was a company already set up with that name. Who knows! Or the buyers had no real idea of prices, and the platform was able to get that price for the seller.

There is so much about domain sales which seems unpredictable. It will be interesting over time to see if .uk prices firm up as the public gets used to seeing more of them around. Also the general direction of all UK domain prices. Your website is really helpful.

I am hoping that all the hard work up to this point and beyond, as well as regular sales reports, blog posts, and maybe some industry interviews with familiar names and faces might help raise the profile of .uk names and their prices? There's obviously a long way to go, and I am more than aware I can't do this alone.

There were 214 reported domain sales in August, and 1 domain recorded its 4th sale in just 3 years, accumulating a total sales value of £2,400.

I also learned there is an "Airbnb for everything you own"!

Here is the UK domain sales report for August 2021

Last edited:
blog.domainsaleshistory.uk said:
micro.co.uk selling for £1,550, making it the 3rd time this domain has been sold, accumulating a total revenue of £3,961. It was most recently sold in June 2020 for £1,300.
Is that a fair thing to say "accumulating total revenue"?
In my opinion you cannot add up those sales figures since the subsequent sales simply recovered their initial investment and made a small profit.

Is that a fair thing to say "accumulating total revenue"?
In my opinion you cannot add up those sales figures since the subsequent sales simply recovered their initial investment and made a small profit.

I personally think it's ok.

I enjoy top tier football stats, especially around transfer fees.
Quite often you get articles about which football players have the most accumulated/combined transfer fees.

Searching google for the following query returns plenty of results:
football players accumulated transfer fees

The domain itself has still sold for £££ multiplied by the amount of times it has changed registrant.
The fact the registrants have managed to recoup any of their investment is irrelevant.

I'm not saying the domain is worth it's total accumulated price, it's just a valid attribute in its history that's worth mentioning (in my view).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Might as well wait till January and do a calendar year

Yup. That's the plan.

In general, the blog (including sales reports) really doesn't get much traffic at all.
This means I would begrudge spending more research time and collating data writing additional posts.

I know it's still very young and contains very few posts, but it's also a very niche subject that probably only interests people who visit this forum, and the active member participation count here is not what it was from years gone by.

Last edited:
Juicy this. Perhaps have a submission form for people to submit private sales (non auction)

Juicy this. Perhaps have a submission form for people to submit private sales (non auction)

This definitely is on the todo list, and it's quite high up on it too.

A problem it highlights to me is providing evidence, or proof of sale.
Can a screenshot, or any kind of document upload really prove a sale happened?

At the moment, sales reports come directly from the sources themselves, eg: domainlore, flip, sedo.
In some cases other domain news publications are used, as they get sales data released to them directly from platforms like Sedo.

I'm much smaller fry, and .uk sales are minuscule in both number of sales, and individual sales price when compared to gTLDs. Which means many sales go unreported.

Not a complaint as such, I'm just trying to highlight the thought process, and how I can verify the reported sales are genuine.

Last edited:
This definitely is on the todo list, and it's quite high up on it too.

A problem it highlights to me is providing evidence, or proof of sale.
Can a screenshot, or any kind of document upload really prove a sale happened?

At the moment, sales reports come directly from the sources themselves, eg: domainlore, flip, sedo.
In some cases other domain news publications are used, as they get sales data released to them directly from platforms like Sedo.

I'm much smaller fry, and .uk sales are minuscule in both number of sales, and individual sales price. Which means many sales go unreported.

Not a complaint as such, I'm just trying to highlight the thought process, and how I can verify the reported sales are genuine.

I suppose you could ask for two forms of proof, such as a VAT receipt or sales invoice and perhaps a bank statement or something.

In the case of Flip and DL auctions there is a chance that the sale doesn't conclude, so you could argue that just because the auction finishes with a bid isn't actual proof of a completed sale?

In the case of Flip and DL auctions there is a chance that the sale doesn't conclude, so you could argue that just because the auction finishes with a bid isn't actual proof of a completed sale?

Flip marks sales as complete in their feeds.

From memory Domainlore has a delay between an auction ending, and an auction being added to the Recently Finished domain auctions feed.

Having just compared the table VS the RSS feed, that looks about right.

Items that appear in the RSS feed can be safely assumed to be marked as complete. Otherwise they are marked as "Tentative" in my database.

Reactions: DJ
Flip marks sales as complete in their feeds.

From memory Domainlore has a delay between an auction ending, and an auction being added to the Recently Finished domain auctions feed.

Having just compared the table VS the RSS feed, that looks about right.

Items that appear in the RSS feed can be safely assumed to be marked as complete. Otherwise they are marked as "Tentative" in my database.

Thanks for clarifying. So how does it work on something like:

https://domainsaleshistory.uk/sales/youramazingbrain.org.uk

The auction ended a couple of days ago and it is showing on your list but I am yet to receive payment. I am sure the transaction will go ahead but just curious on how you would know if it hadn't?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom