Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Motor way / roadside Advertising cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You've seen the trailers, bill boards and banners.

So how much a month does it cost for one of these to be shown say on a busy dual carriageway A road, the main one leading into a city of say 275'000 people?

Has anyone used them? What was the results if so?

example>
roadmedia.co.uk

Last edited:
i reckon some of the best advertising is the roadside cafe's or burger vans they are cheap to put signage on some do masses of trade and are also used at fairs etc, another way is to approach a national haulage contractor again cheap and how many times have you been stuck behind them?

Dunk

Reason I ask is I have a prime spot on the A63 leading into Hull with planning to start advertising.

Guy own's the lake/field, hasn't the time or knowledge to start the ball rolling and said I could put a sign up for myself.

Got on to the subject and he more or less said GO FOR IT get companies advertising along the fence.

Just wanted an idea what to charge per banner say 20' x 4' per month.

Thinking about flag poles with vertical banners too to make it look more pro instead of just blatant horizontal banners.

Any info, input, advice, and takers welcome ;)

if you work on the principle of say lower league football teams, i pay between £150 - £250 per year, so i would guess anything upto about £250 would be acceptable

Dunk

Ps just noticed it said going into Hull, do people go there maybe be better coming out of Hull

Got on to the subject and he more or less said GO FOR IT get companies advertising along the fence.

Just wanted an idea what to charge per banner say 20' x 4' per month.

Phone up the likes of JCDecaux, CBS Outdoor, Titan and Transport Media, tell them you are interested in advertising in an area similar to the one you have, see what they charge, undercut and use it as promo tool.

I would get a BIG billboard installed and put an ad on it saying "250,000 cars pass here every month. Advertise here from just £xxx" and I'm sure you'll get enquiries with an easy to remember number/website.

I did get a quote once and it was a lot of money. I'll try and rmember the url, they have loads on the a roads near me.

Think i'll go with that idea but toe dip and get a biggish banner.

Advertise HERE

TELPHONE NUMBER
WEBSITE ADDRESS​

Well Hull is at the end of the A63/M62 so yeah it is a hard one.

People don't pass through Hull to go to another town like Leeds etc

But it's the gateway to Europe!!! :D so it covers not just people going or coming out of Hull but people coming into out of the UK!!

Am i selling it well? :rolleyes: and I'm use to the abuse about Hull so missed that one :cool:

Little off the point. If anyone has a USA based website looking for some advertising we own 8 Robinson R44 Helicopters in Florida, also prime freeway advertising for billboards.

If anyone has a UK based website looking for some advertising we own 1 Citroen picasso for stickers, a prime placed 20' fence backing on to a tenfoot for banners. :D

8 helicopters MAN your a show off!! But cool :cool: (or did I read that wrong)

If anyone has a UK based website looking for some advertising we own 1 Citroen picasso for stickers, a prime placed 20' fence backing on to a tenfoot for banners. :D

8 helicopters MAN your a show off!! But cool :cool: (or did I read that wrong)

Lol :). It would also be great for UK websites/businesses as Florida is very popoulor with Brits.

We can sticker them up like a taxi :).

Regarding UK, a friend of mine approached a homeowner asking if could place a board of the side of the property for a fee, they did the deal and last time i saw he still had the thing.

Sign is now up on the A63 :) here and here now lets see what we get from the xx'xxx cars, trucks and buses that pass it every day!

Good luck with it, did you go through an agency or direct to the source?

I see some mobile banners "A frame trailers" parked up in farmers fields right next to the roadside. Always wondered if it would be worth buying one of these and just moving it around from time to time. Most farmers would probably agree to let you leave it there for a while for a small fee.

I'm guessing it's big business these A frames on wheels in Fields and it will all be done through a marketing agency not "Farmer Jo"

Bit of feed back for the sign I put up. Looking at stats people would type into Google "Hull VoIP" and have only had 6 with this phrase!!!! :(

Not sure if the angle of it is to blame and might point to on coming traffic not at a right angle to the road. I'll give it 2 weeks and review it.

About those trailers - when you see signs like that at the side of the motorway, they are on trailers or attached to the side of old vehicles.

I'm not sure, but I think you are supposed to have planning permission to erect a billboard / hoarding. You certainly do if it is attached to a building. I think that's why most people use the "mobile versions" (honest, Mr Councilman, it's just parked up - can't help if people read it).

The e-buyer people have some signs up not far away - could be an idea to ring them and ask for advice (they might want to buy some space, anyway - just tell them you have the "space to let", waffle around the subject and see if you can pick up some info).

It certainly seems to work for e-buyer - I never see them advertising in other ways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts