Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

MuchElse.com portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Muchelse .com/co.uk/net/org/info etc

Have had several valuations, mostly automated, for .com ranging from 1,300 to 1,999 USD and one for co.uk at 1,300 USD.

Would like some more opinions, thank you in advance for any.

Also does anyone know, how much value would a reg'd trademark add, UK and/or international? Edit: Not a TM of the domain, just 'much else' without any extension (I have the 110% registrable mark)

Last edited:
A lot of patience is usually required, and a pretty large domain portfolio, to realise value from "brandable" domains. You have to wait until someone somewhere decides they desperately need the domain to match the new brand they have just decided upon. It can happen, but it's rare. If you have a large portfolio, you can wait for that 1 in 500 big sale that will pay for all the other renewals and give you a profit. Arranging a trademark for a domain will add minimal value in my opinion, you just have to wait until someone decides it's the domain for them.

Rgds

Thanks for the quick reply, I am undecided whether to sell or develop it
Considering how unsearchable it is, I guess I should be pretty pleased with the appraisals I've had so far, but I'm not...

Thanks for the quick reply, I am undecided whether to sell or develop it
Considering how unsearchable it is, I guess I should be pretty pleased with the appraisals I've had so far, but I'm not...

I'd either sell them (if you can find a buyer) or let them drop, I don't think that they are worth renewing myself, but obviously you might get lucky!

I'm going to guess that your appraisals are from the infamous Estibot :rolleyes:

Stick to generics, your domain is worth £0 even as .com

Sorry but best to be honest.

Estibot, Sedo and Accurate Domains was a paid one, who have plenty of testimonials but quoted similar to the autos - do you think they have a method or just use an auto tool as well?

Thanks but only misspelled and typo domains are worth reg fee or nothing

There are many who are only interested in creating brand names, and don't need or bother with generics. I'm interested in what these sorts of people would pay me please?

To be honest, most users of Acorn are interested in generics - and for good reasons.

Personally, whilst I am keen on generics, I quite like brandable domains, but they have to be very brandable.

Well put it like this............. A potential buyer has to like the name and be so compelled to buy it that no other name will do. It does not happen often.

Ask yourself:

What is so good about 'much else' that I can realistically expect someone to pay good money for this name.
What does 'much else' mean?
What sort of site would someone build on this domain?
How would people make money from it?
When you bought the domain in all extensions who did you imagine would be in the market for such a name?
How long are you prepared to wait until the chance of a sale comes up?
How much will it cost in terms of renewal fees?
What better domains could you buy with that money, instead?

I'm not trying to have a go at you, just share with you the thought process you have to go through.

There are many who are only interested in creating brand names, and don't need or bother with generics. I'm interested in what these sorts of people would pay me please?

Do you honestly think that a domain that you were able to get in EVERY global extension in January 2010 (circa 15-20 years after it all kicked off) - ie a domain that no-one in 2 decades has thought was worth the £5-£10 it would cost to register, in any country in the world... is suddenly going to be worth more than you paid for it?

Sorry and all that, but you're deluding yourself... "these people" aren't going to pay you anything, unless you're very, very lucky.

It does happen though, so don't give up hope.

Thanks but only misspelled and typo domains are worth reg fee or nothing

I'm afraid that you are very wrong. Any domain that no-one else wants is worth reg fee or nothing...

but you're deluding yourself... "these people" aren't going to pay you anything, unless you're very, very lucky.

For what it's worth I think you'd be better off heeding the advice of Ty_ and others here, you've probably more chance of winning something on the lottery than finding a buyer for these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom