Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Google Update 24th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
No statements from Cutts saying how pleased they are with the result should equate to an imminent roll-back. I hope so anyway?

I rather suspect that they will try and adjust but not roll back this time

Just been checking a few of mine and one site that was....."god knows where" is now number 1 on page 1 :rolleyes:

Just been checking a few of mine and one site that was....."god knows where" is now number 1 on page 1 :rolleyes:

Hope it sticks for you mate... but i think we are going to see alot of dancing over the next couple of days.. the joys of Google :rolleyes:

Out of interest your sites that have come out of no where to ranking well now what were those sites site, big or small sites? Unique content? But wondering as none of my sites that are rubbish have comeback.

Well that didnt last long LOL it's now on page 3. The site is pcjoystick couk.

I have just tweeted that myself, was just about to put that on here, funny how they have made a form so we can now tell them how many mistakes there are and what sites shouldnt be there, why cant they admit they have made a boo boo and change what they have done

I think it would be impossible to get changes 100% right first time on anything even 10% the size of google.

I have just tweeted that myself, was just about to put that on here, funny how they have made a form so we can now tell them how many mistakes there are and what sites shouldnt be there, why cant they admit they have made a boo boo and change what they have done

I would always worry when doing things like that is pointing stuff out to Google, even though one of my sites hasn't had any link building done (just natural links because of the content) that if i was to complain it would be at a higher chance of not coming back?

The funniest one Ive seen is payday uk wiped out of search

All my sites have gained (apart from 1 dropped a couple of spots) in fact in my van finance niche its actually wiped a lot of my real competition out so happy days.

I would always worry when doing things like that is pointing stuff out to Google, even though one of my sites hasn't had any link building done (just natural links because of the content) that if i was to complain it would be at a higher chance of not coming back?

Not sure how you come to that conclusion?

I was going to do this but the really bad examples from yesterday have all but gone. Now I'm left with examples that I can't specifically say are bad - just that they are not great?

It's looking to me that any easy seo advantages have been cancelled out so now it's just random. 1000 sites with the similar content for each query and pot-luck who ranks for what - with a slight bias towards age of site?

Well I had a site ranking 4th for its keyword and ranking for many other keywords also, it only has unique content on it and hardly any seo as I have only just started to work on it again, but the site has completely gone, and there is some unusually results in the main keyword which by how google have said things sound be now the rankings dont work out. so I have filled in the form about my site, its not ranking now so whats the worst that can happen?

what I dont get tho, is people like laterooms is full of just spam links and dupe content, there site must have one of the worst unique to dupe content around but there sites have no moved.

Well I had a site ranking 4th for its keyword and ranking for many other keywords also, it only has unique content on it and hardly any seo as I have only just started to work on it again, but the site has completely gone, and there is some unusually results in the main keyword which by how google have said things sound be now the rankings dont work out. so I have filled in the form about my site, its not ranking now so whats the worst that can happen?

what I dont get tho, is people like laterooms is full of just spam links and dupe content, there site must have one of the worst unique to dupe content around but there sites have no moved.

No there's nothing to lose by submitting the form. Branded sites still getting a big advantage - as you say. Not sure what one can do about that really though - just the way it is?

No there's nothing to lose by submitting the form. Branded sites still getting a big advantage - as you say. Not sure what one can do about that really though - just the way it is?

Well the only thing we could do is if everyone filled out the form saying said website does not give out any new information from every other website?

only thing I can think of and is google really going to go through all these forms people are sending in? I dont think so as there will be millions.

You might not want to submit the form or reconsideration requests because manual human review might find more things wrong with your site and ban it completely, and all your other sites. With this new "penguin" update they can't manually remove the penalty anyway. So almost no point submitting the site unless your site is really major and of exceptional quality and will show them that their algorithm has failed

Last edited:
only thing I can think of and is google really going to go through all these forms people are sending in? I dont think so as there will be millions.

I guess that's going to be a challenge? I remember when panda first rolled out they had a section on the webmaster forum for people to submit their sites. It was a fair enough idea but it soon descended into chaos.

Any manual review will be in favor of the big fish hit. Minnows i doubt will get a second glance they put this reconsideration form up for the above purpose to try and make some amends to the search results.

You might not want to submit the form or reconsideration requests because manual human review might find more things wrong with your site and ban it completely, and all your other sites. With this new "penguin" update they can't manually remove the penalty anyway. So almost no point submitting the site unless your site is really major and of exceptional quality and will show them that their algorithm has failed

That is what I meant by not submitting it just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom