Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Setup Bug and Suggestion thread

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. figleaf007 United Kingdom

figleaf007 Active Member

Where has the exclusive section for premium members got to? The dropped names were one of the main reasons I paid up for it. Apart from that, looking good!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mark84 United Kingdom

Mark84 Retired Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. figleaf007 United Kingdom

figleaf007 Active Member

I've had two subscription payments for full membership go through in the last week - can admin explain why this as occurred and why I would not be a full member on here as a result?

6. Admin

Hi, Have you not had my PM? Please let's resolve this by PM and leave the board free for forum stuff not personal accounts. Thank you.

7. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

I'm a little disenfranchised by the signature situation. I don't really use my signature, nor so I sell here but taking the option totally away changes my position a little.

8. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Thats a bug, the only restrictions are signature links. You should be able to add text etc to your signature. Try now :)

9. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Working on a custom addon for that particular feature, hopefully wont take too long but its a work in progress as it cant be hooked in to this setup quiet like the old one was, we'd like a bit more flexibility and security rather than calling files direct into a portal. But im with you thats one feature I used :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. domsaleuk

domsaleuk Active Member

Why have you changed the signature element so it can't have links ? I might be wrong (correct me if I am) but I thought the ability to add a signature link was an added benefit of paid membership - would appreciate a response to this

11. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

As an exclusive member you should have 3 signature links ? Is that not the case ? If its not then let me know as that will be a bug.

12. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

I have just found the permissions were incorrect, exclusive, full member, supporters should all now have link permissions. Everyone else should be able to edit their sig and use plain text

13. domsaleuk

domsaleuk Active Member

Hi - well it could be me not looking properly or something but I don't see specific space in the signature area to add links. It sounds like there should be from what you said.

Anyway I tried to add wording and a link by using the link button and this should show I guess at the bottom of this post but I don't think this is the way it should be done by what you said

14. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Are you able to see the link icon ? So if you goto your avatar top right on the navbar - click the signature link. You are then presented with the editor to set your signature.

On that editor there will be a button which looks like a little metal link with a green + on it. Thats how to add links, Ive just checked your permissions and it all looks ok. Could you confirm you can access that page : http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/account/signature

15. domsaleuk

domsaleuk Active Member

Hi - Yes I did this already - the first time it did not work but now it does so was probably my mistake. I wasn't sure if there should have been an actual area to add links but from what you are saying the way to do it is above as I have now done. Thanks

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

That has now been implemented, Sorry it took so long..........it was intended to be installed form the get go but we had to resolve some script conflicts before being able to use it because every "notification" was being amplified by x10. Its all working as it should now :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Admin

Hi, Good news, just had confirmation from Alan that he has refunded BOTH payments at my request :).