Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New whois url structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone else seen this today?

Not sure if it is temporary... will leave a lot of dead links around the web

I was just about to post the same, thought maybe my browser was hijacked or something due to all the extra random letters :lol:

Theres no mention of this in any of the nominet rss feeds, anyone know if this is permanant and if whois2 will change.

Yeah I noticed this today. I usually use the same URL and change the domain at the end when looking at different domains. One minute it worked then the next it didn't. Haven't heard any reason why though.

I noticed you cant frame this new link format, so guess it was done to stop such things. Still I would have expected notification first.

They could have made time to strip spaces/unwanted characters from the input box, still can't believe it gives a crappy error when you paste a domain in with a space at the end, it's like something knocked up by a teenager in 1995!!

Grant

Theres no mention of this in any of the nominet rss feeds, anyone know if this is permanant and if whois2 will change.

I was going to tell you about this chris been meaning to on facebook i thought my compt had a virus.

I hope it's not permanent. Makes devolution's bulk checker redundant.

Can anyone suggest a bulk whois checker please (up to 1,000 at one time)?

Last edited:
I hope it's not permanent. Makes devolution's bulk checker redundant.

Can anyone suggest a bulk whois checker please (up to 1,000 at one time)?

WB asked this elsewhere, I recommended Watch My domains Pro which I've been using for years:

http://www.domainpunch.com/watch-my-domains-pro/

If you want to stick with devolutions have a look at the ukwhois.php script that came with it in the zip file. This can be uploaded to a server, you then configure his app to check the whois via the script on your server - that connects to nominet via a socket rather than url so should make it work again. Instructions are at the top of the file.

Grant

Last edited:
Thanks Grant.

I had go with this, doesn't seem to return the "suspended" field on whois queries? I'm guessing highlighted "red" is suspended?

To get it to show the suspended status in a column:

Highlight and right click on a row containing a .co.uk domain then select whois setup > basic whois settings

Scroll down to data extraction tokens section near the bottom. Look for 'Domain ID Token', click in the box to the right and enter this:

*** This registration has been

Close that down. If the ID column is not showing on the main screen, right click in the main window and choose 'setup columns' enable the ID column and that should now show SUSPENDED *** on all suspended domains. You may need to rescan them.

The above is thanks to Grant, not me. :)

did they give a reason for it as isnt like nominet to do things without telling anyone :)

No reason, they indicated the characters in the url string could change again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts