Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

No. pages for niche site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a micro niche then 5 should be fine - depending on the subject of course..

If you want an authority site then you'd need a lot more.

I usually...

1. Create a couple of pages - onpage seo big time....
2. Get google to index it
3. Get a pretty good link (PR3+)
4. When google's re-indexed, add a couple more pages.
5. Add some more lower PR links
6. Wait for google to re-index again
7. Add the rest of the content
8. Should start to rank on page one if it's an EMD so I add Adsense now
9. Continue offpage SEO and hope it's a winner

Hope that helps..

From my experience with mini sites, i create two or three good content pages along with the usual such as contact us, privacy etc, etc. (i do as much on page seo as possible)

After google has indexed the site, i then do some slow off page seo and monitor the results. (I am careful not to get too excited about the google honey moon period, where your site will temporary rank high up in the results then fizzle out).

After a short while i will add new content / pages depending on how good the site is ranking and how serious i am about the site. I have personally come to the conclusion that running sites that pose no interest to me are a complete waste of time because i just cant commit or put the time they require to rank high.

Good Luck

Lee

Last edited:
Depends on whether you're going straight for the exact match or are working on building the long tail.

Any pages you're adding to your site means you're adding sale value, even a quick 300 words when you get some free time makes a difference from that perspective.

Thanks for all the tips guys.

I've got a couple of domains now using wordpress and I've created a 4/5 static pages.

To add more content, I'll use posts and go for quick 300 words.

Perhaps I'll be able to see whether the pages or posts are best for SEO and conversions.

I tend to use pages just for About/Contact etc., doesn't hurt to have a page specifically about your topic though (and titled as such).

Once you have 5 or so pages up, if your site is based on Wordpress a good tip is to....

• write a few posts at once
  • then schedule them so they don't all publish at once ie one post a week, one every month, depending on how you see the site progressing over time.

This starts to make the site look as if there is new content added regularly, which some SEOs believe gives you a little boost in SERPs.

Out of interest...

Do you guys use unique content for your T&C pages?

I kind of think I should but I get 1/2 way through the first paragraph then quickly lose the will to live..

Out of interest...

I kind of think I should but I get 1/2 way through the first paragraph then quickly lose the will to live..

I never do and still have a few sites ranking well. I don't think it makes much difference to be honest.

Out of interest...

They tend to be fairly generic anyway and you'd be hard pressed to make it original. Unless you really want the page to out rank everyone for 'terms and conditions' it doesn't make any odds.

My niche sites contain...

- Homepage
- Contact
- About
- Privacy
- Terms & Conditions

I'm starting to add more 'content' pages and build links to them instead of just the homepage as need to spread the links around.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom