Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet - Champions of Inclusion

Reaction score
Well Hallujah! Nominet is a signatory for inclusion in tech:

Inclusion.jpg

6 months ago, I was the most vocally critical candidate in the members' election, and it's believed by people here that a Nominet Board member came on this forum, and made an issue of my gender diversity, suggesting I was insecure about it, and suggested I was 'uncomfortable with myself' because I hadn't mentioned it. I am not, I just didn't see it was an issue at all, compared to substance, so I didn't play on it. This person came here, under pseudonym, as he has come here 4 or 5 times before under different pseudonyms. It was bizarre. What has my gender identity got to do with anything, when it comes to Nominet? And yet they have signed up as champions of tech inclusion, and took no action against him when other people here complained to them about this. As for the Board member concerned... a sad keyboard warrior I think, if I am correct about his identity, and it all came across as really bizarre, but it seemed on that occasion he was Nominet's 'attack dog' against their most vocal critic in that election. I'm out of all that stuff, but the fact no action was taken against a Director interfering in what should have been an impartial election process, and the hypocrisy of then claiming to champion inclusion... well, I would welcome new leadership because I don't think Sir Michael would let that kind of conduct go. I really don't. I hope the new leadership will raise this issue and insist the person concerned answers straight questions, because there are questions to answer.

not seen anyone from ethnic minorities either. I remember going to of the lunches back in 2009... inclusion my arse..

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom