Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet checking dac and epp access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone heard that Nominet yesterday and today and a few more times this month are cross referencing members using the same or connected dac and epp ip addresses?

And anyone found to be doing so will have their tags closed and details published at the end of the month?

eg several servers registered for dac access but epp from another?

Where does one hear these rumours?

Last edited:
Linked to nothing dropping perhaps?

Where does one hear these rumours?

I heard a complaint or suggestion was raised that a person who rents scripts out, not us by the way, was abusing the dac of a subscriber and to clear it up Nominet contacted them and reiterated the policy, when they proved they were completely innocent of any such doing the plans to cross reference came about in conversation.

All 3rd or 4th hand by the time I heard it, so probably nothing in it, I only asked as nothing had dropped for a couple of days?

I reakon names will start dropping soon

Caz said:
I heard a complaint or suggestion was raised that a person who rents scripts out, not us by the way, was abusing the dac of a subscriber

Ahh that is quite a serious accusation

One cultivates relationships

The solution sounds worse than the problem :p

Interesting, I was told a few weeks ago that I could have 2 customers sharing EPP access on the same IP and it wouldn't cause issue, however, it was not something they would recommend (despite the shortage of IPv4 addresses!)

Note: This wasn't for the dropcatch system though, it was for another project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom