Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Election - keeping it simple

Reaction score
Keeping things simple, with voting from tomorrow, you probably have three main options: don't vote at all, vote for no change on the Board, or vote for an opposition candidate. Your vote - your choice.

You can read the key issues I stand for here in 30 seconds. I am confident, based on feedback over the past 2 weeks, that I will come first or second. I think I will be more challenging than any of the other candidates, and I think Nominet needs that challenge - in the boardroom.

I will also still be here. I think governance of the namespace needs people speaking their minds on multiple platforms. I will set out to straddle these, openly, responsively, and critically: coming here and taking the flak. I am strongly opposed to the corporate direction Nominet has taken in recent years.

Issue by issue, Nominet needs to be held to account. Like I say, your vote - your choice.

Best of luck Susannah.

This is a rare opportunity for people to vote for change; which appears badly needed at Nominet.

To have the option of change candidate who is so accessible within this community is rarer still.

If you feel change is required, then I’d encourage members to vote to elect Susannah.

So how do you vote? Do Nominet send you an email link?

The Nominet email for voting just arrived .... it takes less than one minute. I voted for just 1 person Susannah

Just voted, my vote also went for you Susannah as you are the only candidate i have seen who has gone above and beyond to explain who you are and what you stand for. Fingers crossed for you.

Voted, I think. When clicking to cast my vote, the page hung for a few minutes and did nothing apart from a revolving icon in the middle of the screen.

I tried going back to the start but it said I had a duplicate session open, and advised closing the browser and trying again, which I did. On logging in again, it said my vote had already been cast, I only ticked the candidate box for you, no second or third choices etc, so hopefully it has gone through, although it doesn't confirm who you voted for.

Just cast my vote for you Susannah. Hope it all works out for you. My very best wishes.

I really hope I honour your trust if I get elected. I've said I will be full on here if that happens, to face the flak (there's always going to be flak), to report to you all on what is happening, and to take back messages to Board and Staff. I'm not going to be absentee. You have to be accountable. That's one of the main problems with Nominet really: you raise an issue on their forum and it gets no reply. What's really going on inside Nominet? Well I think people have a right to know.

However, the sitting Namesco candidate (for more of the same) has to be the favourite. I have pledges from top 10 and top 20 registrars, but she will have a whole network of influential insiders. So time will tell. I'm a nice person but I am a confrontation candidate. Just to remind, my 'key points' can be read here in 30 seconds. I should also say *thank you*.

The Nominet email for voting just arrived .... it takes less than one minute. I voted for just 1 person Susannah

Ditto, and ditto.

Also voted against Grant Thornton as auditors. Do that every year, but they always get their gig renewed regardless. Sigh.

Thanks Edwin, Lee, Ben,

What's the thing about the auditors, Edwin? (pm me if you like)

Ben, please thank Ocelot for letting you vote for me.

No need. Quite happy to explain. It just feels too clubby to have the same people auditing the books year after year, decade after decade. A fresh pair of eyes might spot things that people reupping last year's templates with new figures would not.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom